Busking DD and a little harp

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Aaaaaaah dear Shel, how sweet of you to say!!! :kiss: ...........so truly GREAT to hear!! :blush: ......gosh..... :woohoo:

Ness

michelew wrote:

I can't believe just how much variation and impact you can get with a straightforward progression Ness. So cool. Love the double strums, the flourishes, the accents, the stops and percuissive elements. And sweet, sweet vocals to top it off. ... When I grow up.... :)

tacticaltal

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 am

Yep, another fine performance.

I had not heard this song before. Wonder if it has anything to do with the Dalton Gang, an outlaw gang from 1800s U.S? I know there was a Bill Doolin who was an outlaw back then, so there may be some lyric meaning research for me.

Great job (as always), Ness, and thanks SHELLY for pointing me to this link.

Terry

daryl

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 am

You don't know the song?? :ohmy: Terry, how can that be?? :blink: :P

It's the first track of the 'Desperado'-album, which is a concept album about the Dalton Gang and the Old West, so you're close! ;)

For whatever reason I've always loved it, so I was glad when I got a Bb-harp to be able to record it, cause in a video it réally needs the harp in my opinion.

Anyway, very glad you liked it!!!! :cheer: Thanks!!

Ness

tacticaltal wrote:

I had not heard this song before. Wonder if it has anything to do with the Dalton Gang, an outlaw gang from 1800s U.S? I know there was a Bill Doolin who was an outlaw back then, so there may be some lyric meaning research for me.

Terry

tacticaltal

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm bad, I'm really very bad - POX on me!! :blush: :(

:) I don't recall having ever heard it, though the Eagles have always been one of my faves. I hope they don't find out about it.

:ohmy: :silly:
nesh16041972 wrote:
You don't know the song?? :ohmy: Terry, how can that be?? :blink: :P

It's the first track of the 'Desperado'-album, which is a concept album about the Dalton Gang and the Old West, so you're close! ;)

For whatever reason I've always loved it, so I was glad when I got a Bb-harp to be able to record it, cause in a video it réally needs the harp in my opinion.

Anyway, very glad you liked it!!!! :cheer: Thanks!!

Ness

tacticaltal wrote:

Terry

auntlynnie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 am

Vanessa,
You are a really wonderful performer! I have loved this song ever since the album was released, and your cover is fantastic.
And your harp playing is impressive, too!
thanks so much for posting this!
lynn

tombo1230

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:17 am

Oh Wow!! What a kind comment, really loved to read it! :cheer:

And yes, I've always loved this song as well (I was a child when I pulled the album out of my fathers LP-collection) and I was very glad to put a harp in there too since it feels uncomplete to leave it out.

Anyway, really pleased that you liked it, thanks so much! :)

Ness

auntlynnie wrote:
Vanessa,
You are a really wonderful performer! I have loved this song ever since the album was released, and your cover is fantastic.
And your harp playing is impressive, too!
thanks so much for posting this!
lynn

michelew

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:39 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUMP!!! - USE The Vimeo link here - The YouTube window above is just a teaser, to show you what you'll see when you get there.

MarkM's upload of this tune reminded me to look at Nessa's rendition again. Gosh! Besides being a powerful performance and sounding GREAT, it's a fantastic lesson in performance and expression. The variation Ness puts in here and the sheer intensity is AWESOME; beyond awesome.

Hmmmm.... I wonder why Neil decided to tap her on the shoulder to be his deputy? ... Not! ;) no wondering here. :)

I just couldn't believe how many regulars had missed this video, so I'm bumping it.

BUMP!!

Enjoy

tombo1230

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:57 am

The audio seems to be blocked when I listen here and on Youtube but I followed the link to Vimeo vimeo.com/45191739 and it worked just fine. :)

vimeo.com/45191739

I think I saw this last time but wow! it was so worth another watch. Loved the variation in strumming particularly and the singing and delivery
of the song was just brilliant! :) Great job and thanks Michelle for re-posting a classic. B)

Tom N.

michelew

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks for the clarification Tom. Yes, I watched it via the vimeo link (that Bob posted).

It's a good thing there are other options.

TGNesh

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:20 am

Heeeeeeeeey Shel and Tom! Thanks for checking this out again and for the generous comments!!!! :cheer: :) :) You're too sweet!

The harp, I really wish I had more time to get into that instrument, it's such a great addition to playing the guitar and vocals, and this song just screams for it.

Anyway, thanks again you two!! :kiss: :)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic