Busking Rolling Stones - Sweet Virginia - MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey Mark,

I'm sure you already know how pleased I am that you put up this tune.
I could gush now, but instead will be disciplined and will resort to delayed gushification on delivery of the next version, as you announced.
... tic, toc ...

So, as in the Stones' song "Jigsaw Puzzle":
Me, I'm waiting so patiently
Lying on the floor
I'm just trying to do my jig-saw puzzle
Before it rains anymore

But, it is kinda funny that the lyric in "Sweet Virginia" that is often considered offensive is the one that mentions dung,
rather than those that mention ingesting drugs, smuggling them or hallucinating while under the influence.

Oh well, good work, man ! Keep your shoes clean !
Pierre

michelew

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:36 am

Hey Mark,

I don't know how I missed this. Sorry to be so late to the party. But, I think it's great ALL round. I reckon I could learn this just from watching your fine playing.

I really enjoyed it.

Shel

jayswett

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:51 am

Have you played this song yet at a bar in buckhead? You should!

MarkM

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:00 am

LONG TIME........................NO SEE................................

Been away way too long. Very busy and long story. I hope to tell the tale some day. Anyway thank for the nice replies.

Kevin - You are way too kind. I'm glad you liked it. I watched this for the first time in a mohth and I cringed. Way out of time on this song. Ouch. Lets just say I know how to keep time now. Anyway I really appreciate your kind words on this. You have a special place in my heart along with others that I've come to really appreciate. You all know who you are. Hey I've picked up some new accounts up in CHI-CA-GO................I'll be up there next month. Let me know if you are in the vacinaty (too many dirinks and I forgot how to spell).

Pierre - My good friend and The Canadian New Englanders Buddy, I hope all is well. Sorry for responding sooooooooooo late on this one. 1:46 AM here in the good ole Geogia USA........ Got to say that Grey Goose makes a mighty fine Vodka................Just say'n..........................

Thank you thank you!!!!

I knew you would like this song. Too bad I sucked on the timing of this one. I thought of you when I recorded this one. Would have been great if you were here with me when I played it. Yeah I had to put that little disclaimer in. In the whole scheme of things the word SHT means notihng compared to rest of the lyrics. I'm a Beatle nut as you know but I've been on a total Stones trip these past few months. Funny...... I've been working on Jigsaw puzzle in open E for awhile now. Stay tuned.....

Hope all is well with you and we get a chance to play again in the not so distant future.........

Michelle my Belle................ I'm so happy you liked this one. So sorry for being late on this one. As I said to Pierre. I'm a bit embarassed on how out of time I was on this one. Very easy song. You'll git it down very fast I'm sure. I hope all is well down under.

Jay - I'd be lying if I didn't say I missed NH a little bit.... Just a little. I'm glad you liked this one. Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually looking for an open mic place to finally take the plunge........ I've got sweaty palms just typing this............... Hope all is well with you and your family............

MarkM

dekotaj

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 am

Hey Mark,
Don't sweet the timing brother.Its all good!!Just a drum beat or click track away.

Let me no when you'll be in Chi Town.Never no,would be cool to meet some T.G. Friends.Cori is in Chicago also.

Be good my friend
Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic