Busking Rolling Stones - Sweet Virginia - MarkM

snipe

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:32 am

Mark,

Wow!! that was really excellent! I thought the vocals were great

BigBear

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Mark- that was outstanding! I don't know that song at all and I really enjoyed it. I know you've been practicing between catching all those fish!! You really have this song down pat. Ready for the coffee house at least!

Anyway, well done buddy and thanks for sharing!

Cheers! :cheer:

willem

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Mark,,that new (great)house and the air must do you very good...man that was great...maybe its just your key for doing it fine and good..

Willem

MarkM

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Bud - Thanks for the kind words!!!! I hope you had a great trip in the mountains.

Marc - Thank you!! As you can tell from the video I recorded two tracks at the same time. Guitar and vocals. After I recorded it in Reaper I just added a bit of reverb to the vocals to get a tiny bit of echo. I need all the help I can get with the vocals.

Tony - HA!! No no lessons here. Although I'm sure I can use them. No I just went into this song with a "I don't give a f*$k attitude" and let the chip fall where they may. Shit is a word I probably use entirely too much but I put the little disclaimer on here because I have no idea who's watching and what their feelings may be on the matter. Thanks for the kind words. I always enjoy your responses.

Dennis - Thank you very much sir. I'm really happy you liked this one. Always room for improvement. I hope you and the gang have a great time at guitar camp. I wish I could have made it.

Cori - You've certainly have a way of making me laugh. Thanks for the nice reply. I'm glad you liked this one. I hope all is well in your world.

Bob - Thanks. I'm not sure I'm worthy of any open mic. However my wife just told me there is one around here that they do every week. I'll go and check it out soon and see how good the talent is and go from there. Go PATS!!!!

Snipe - Thank you very much for watching and your kind words.

Rick - Thank you for your reply!! Not too many fish this year I'm afraid. Still trying to get used to these southern rivers.

Willem - Ha! Southern living is treating me well. Thank you very much my friend.

jayswett

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Another great performance.

pbraun

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:02 am

Mark,
Man that was great, don't think I have ever heard the song before but I really enjoyed your version alot. Glad to hear things are settling down, moving is such a pain!
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 am

Wow Mark, you have to take that one down to the local Open Mic, you'll wow 'em!
I also didn't know that one but it was obviously so Stones the way you gave it your couldn't-give-a-sh#t attitude (which is how you need to play guitar if ever you're doing John Lennon, BTW). You are the master of the solid strum and the hammer-on for sure and now your vocals are kicking in big time! That was really, really good. Great job!

MarkM

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Jay - Thank you!! I hope all is going well with you in the homeland.

Pete - Yes moving is a pain. Especially when you do it twice in one year. It's all behind us now though. I'm happy you like this one.

Chris - Thank you for the nice words Chris!! That means alot. Maybe I shoudl use this attitude more often huh????

Here is a URL to a live performance they did in 1972 for those who aren't that familiar with the song.

vanishingpirates

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Mark,

Thought you did a great job. Been working on this song myself off and on for the last few weeks but haven't got it down as well as you have yet.

dekotaj

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 am

BRAVO!!!Mark,

WOW brother was that great or what.Man BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!
The vocals were great.And I've always been jealous off you guitar playing.With all that going on in the video,What I really got a kick out of was the way you were swinging with the beat when you were playing.Had the feel going didn't you bro.Bet you could really cut loose on the dance floor.

Really Enjoyed that performance.Thank you sir.

Bravo my friend!! Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic