Busking with my grandson,,well a wish for futher!!

willem

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:02 pm

I was totally suprised,,a while back I bought my grandson a guitar to see where it went,,no pushing,,explaned a bit and thought we'll see,we had him over for holiday and he showed me something on keyboard he learned from you tube,,i was totally suprised and he said that it was easy'r(easy'r then guitar),,i was suprised and happy on the same time,,hope we can play some together in futher..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice work! He is definitely well on the way to being a great player. Starting early has huge benefits and it's wonderful to see young men and women enjoying music. A lifelong skill that will bring him many hours of pleasure. Thanks for posting Willem.

Lavallee

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi Willem, nice playing from your grandson, the tradition continues in your family, this is great.

Has he taken lessons?

Marc

willem

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks Tony and Marc..

Marc,,he learned that from You tube lessons by his own,,of course I tryed to explane him something what I know but I am no teacher so I am always afraid to tell him the wrong way,,I think he is goin to take lessons and I would be happy to pay for a few..

daryl

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 am

Very impressive. Have you shown him TotallyKeyboards yet?

willem

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:47 am

daryl wrote:
Very impressive. Have you shown him TotallyKeyboards yet?

Thx Daryl,,I did not showed him TK yet,,It could be 'cos he is trying ''paradise'' by Coldplay and that song is there..After holiday he is goin to highschool for the first time so he could work on Englisch,,I could help him with the language on TK and buy only that lesson 'cos I am no longer there (not time for it and it goes not so well over there,,looks like a dead site!!) but I find it better he he should take a sort of private lesson here or via computer,,we'll see a bout that..

Willem

tombo1230

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:52 am

This is great Willem. Starting young is definately the key(no pun intended) Starting young seems to develop their ear quicker/easier and yes a lifetime of musical enjoyment is there to be enjoyed. A nice suprise for you. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:22 am

Nice video Willem... he's right, keyboard is much easier than guitar! Which is why we should be gentle with ourselves as we have chosen the stonier route! great to see you have been able to musically influence your grandson.

BobR

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Willem,

He seems to be well on his way. It's nice that Youtube has lessons that he is able to learn.

Thanks for posting

Bob

lueders

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:20 pm

That sounds quite nice, Willem's grandson. Impressive. :)
Definitely looking forward to that collab. From the looks of things it isn't too far off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic