Busking Scott McKenzie

TGNeil

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm

A little tribute to Scott McKenzie who unfortunately passed away. 'San Francisco' is to me one of the most beautiful songs of the 60's.

Hey TG-friends!

It’s been a while, cause it’s finally really summer here in Holland and am enjoying my time off and awáy from the pc. Still playing a lot though. And gosh, do I need to catch up on a lot! :blink: :S

In any way, as you might have heard, Scott McKenzie passed away, and I was inspired to pay him a little tribute. I have always lóved this song, not sure why, I wasn’t even born then, still it’s just a great song and he sings it absolutely beautifully, so I hope I’m doing it justice. The song sure fits summer! :)

People come and go, but the music they leave behind will always be there…

Cheers all, enjoy summertime (well winter for some of us, sorry :P !)!

Ness

jimcjimc

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Vanessa,

good to see you again! Great job on that song! I hadn't yet heard of his death. And it's a nice day here today (not too far from SF). It still feels like summertime although it is first day of school for a lot of the schools here.

Jim

tovo

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Hey Ness it's GREAT to see you again. 415am here and my day has started off with a bang thanks to you. I've always really loved that tune and you did such a great job of it as usual. You are looking terrific and sounding great.

willem

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:16 pm

WOW Ness,,yes watched the news here about an hour ago and heard it too and the music lives furter,,when I heard a bit of the song in the news memories came back,,great song,, I'm not going to say you did a great job on it ,,oeps I said it anyway..funny thing was that I looked and listen to your strumming and thought I can do that B) but I think that was the easy part when I was thinkin that :( 'cos a bit furter in song I was blowin away by the way you did some diffrent things ..
:woohoo: :silly:

Its very nice to do a tribute when a artist passes away and I think he would be very proud..

It looks like you eat much salad with those summerdays... :laugh: B)

Willem

sbutler

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Yep, another classic from our friend "Ness". And done in fine fashion as well. Judging from your attire, I'd say you are enjoying your summer. :lol: Good for you.
And thanks for sharing the tune.

Scott

michelew

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey. Nessa!

Well I'm feeling all Summery now!!! :):) I've never been to San Francisco but I would sure like to, especially now after hearing you sing so endearingly about it. though I'm wondering whether the flower child San Fran can still be found.

You sure know how to pour joy into your music. I feel relaxed and sunny.... (hmm still mostly dark here). I feel like skipping through a meadow and finding some daisies to weave into ... Yep flowers for my hair, or anyone close by :). WOW what magic are you spelling here superhero?!! :P

This is a BEAUTIFUL tribute. His music will definitely live on in people hearts and minds with sweet playing like this.

Thank you for bringing a little sunny, smiley, Summery San Francisco magic into my morning. Summer holidays look good on you. :) :)

Love and peace

Shel

daryl

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Yes, you did it justice. Well done. Well sung. Well played. Nice. Good to see you again.

BobR

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Very nice tune and you did a great job playing and singing. Glad you're getting some summer time :)

Good to see you

Bob

tombo1230

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Vanessa, glad you looked in, it's been pretty quiet around here without you. I hadn't heard about Scott passing away until now, real shame. :(

I remember this song from way back when and I just love it! You did a fine job on it. You've shown us a little glimpse of your hippy side tonight ;) :)

Glad you are having some nice weather there as we are here in Scotland. Just thinking Scott McKenzie is a really Scotish name so I checked, his original name was Philip Wallach Blondheim, he changed it because it was thought to be hard to pronounce. I think this was his only hit record.

Anyway, loved your rendition of this great flower power anthem of the sixtys. BRILLIANT!!. B) :)

Tom N.

snipe

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Good one Nesh. You did it justice!!
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic