Busking ETTA JAMES

BobR

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi Buddy,

You really kicked this one. Loved the percussive sound throughout and you really got into the vocals.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

buddy

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Pierre, Glad you enjoyed this and thanks for the suggestions on trying it a different way, I have to play around with it a little and see what I think.

Bud

buddy

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 pm

daryl wrote:
Great percussive playing! How do you remember all those lyrics? It didn't appear to me that you were reading them. Three chords?
Howdy Daryl, yep three chords and I totally forgot about the three chord thread. :silly:

buddy

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:55 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Excellent Buddy or is it Mr Blues? It's always a pleasure watching you perform a new tune. You really hammered it home at the end. :)

Can you play piano as well?...........

Tom N.
Tom, Mr Blues that was pretty funny. Glad you liked this rendition. The piano in the background is one that I grew up playing on. When my parents passed away, we took it home for my daughter to learn on. I will play a few things on it now and then but I have forgotten almost everything I learned as a child on the piano.

Bud

dennisg

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 am

Buddy, I think you did a terrific job on both ends of this song: the playing and the singing. While I really appreciate the quality of your performance, I have mixed feelings about the style. On one hand, I totally agree with Pierre about bringing this song down into a lower key -- both for what it might do for the bluesiness in your voice and for what it might add to the tone of the guitar. I just think (and take this with however many grains of salt you choose) that this song doesn't belong in "Here Comes the Sun" territory. On the other hand, there's far less vibrato in your voice in this performance (a topic you and I have discussed in the past), and while it may or may not be the result of the key you're singing in, I'm glad to hear it.

buddy

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

jimcjimc wrote:
Good job on that Buddy!
Thanks much Jim

buddy

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:24 pm

willem wrote:
Buddy I think you are ready for a very long Jam...
Willem, You made me smile.

buddy

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Howdy Chris, I had a funny feeling you might like this tune.

buddy

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:27 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Bud. Really, really solid. I gotta strongly agree with Pierre, I'd love to see you (or hear you) take a laid back approach to a tune. Maybe this one maybe another. You have SUCH a strong voice that it's never, ever gonna sound thin so something laid back would be really nice to hear. I thought that was a great suggestion.

Having said that, I'm just trying to offer something for you to try. There's no doubt that you nailed this big time.
Tony, I thought this was a soft mellow tune :laugh: Thanks for the input friend.

Bud

buddy

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:28 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Buddy,

You really kicked this one. Loved the percussive sound throughout and you really got into the vocals.

Thanks for sharing

Bob
Thanks much Bob !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic