Busking SRV Style Texas Blues

snipe

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 am

Tony,

Didnt hear the first one but sounded really good to me! Your well on your way. Carry on Sir.
Mike

Catman

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 am

Nice work!

BigBear

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 am

Tony- Is that really you playing? That is just fantastic! You sound great!! And I'm not just doing the obligatory TG praise. Your blues skills have really improved.

I'm totally impressed. Wow, have you come a long way or what? I remember when you were just starting and listen to you now.

Great job my friend. I'm very excited for you!

All the best! :cheer:

BobR

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Tony,

Your dedication to the blues is really paying off big time. I wouldn't mind you pointing me to the YT video.

Great job.

Bob

tovo

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Mark, Snipe, Catman thanks very much guys.

Bear, yep it's me mate cross my heart and all! :) A long way to go but sure do feel that I am improving so my motivation to keep at it is high. I'm glad to see you here and hope you are well.

Bob thanks man, drop me a PM and I'll forward the link to you.

Hydroman52

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:25 am

Tony,

Good work. I really didn't hear the bit with the bends until someone biased me by commenting on it. It's not as bad as you may think. I had to rewind and listen again to see what they were talking about. All this will help me out, too. One thing that I noticed other players doing when they are practicing hitting the bend notes is that they will first play the note they are trying to bend to immediately before they practice the lick. This looks like a good way to keep the note fresh in your mind until you get the experience to know just how far to bend to reach it. Perhaps you already do this.

This sounds really good, and you should be able to apply it in many ways in the future.

Hydroman52

tovo

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks Hydro for the comment. Yep I'll sure keep working those bends. I have read and researched and there is a strong view that accuracy in bends is what separates good from sloppy players, and I'd much rather be in the first group!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic