Busking Bob Marley - Redemption Song

sabathiel

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:10 am

Looking for some feedback. I use to come to this site a year ago but I stopped practising guitar. But recently I just purchased a new Australian made Maton guitar (Tommy Emmanuel plays Maton) and started practising again. Having a decent guitar does make a difference to wanting to practice your guitar skills. I recorded this more than 2 months ago. I did my own arrangement on this Marley tune and took the liberty to arpeggiate the chords until the middle where the strumming kicks in. Marley strums his guitar throughout the song gently with his thumb but I thought I'd practice my arpeggiating. I also took the liberty to change some of the lyrics. Whadaya think? And that's supposed to be a Jamaican accent! LOL

[video type=youtube]sabathiel01[video][/video]

michelew

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 am

Hi there!

Well lots of good stuff going on in there! I like the 'arpeggiate the chords'-idea. So what feedback are you looking for?

cheers

Vanessa

sabathiel wrote:
Looking for some feedback. I use to come to this site a year ago but I stopped practising guitar. But recently I just purchased a new Australian made Maton guitar (Tommy Emmanuel plays Maton) and started practising again. Having a decent guitar does make a difference to wanting to practice your guitar skills. I recorded this more than 2 months ago. I did my own arrangement on this Marley tune and took the liberty to arpeggiate the chords until the middle where the strumming kicks in. Marley strums his guitar throughout the song gently with his thumb but I thought I'd practice my arpeggiating. I also took the liberty to change some of the lyrics. Whadaya think? And that's supposed to be a Jamaican accent! LOL

[video type=youtube]sabathiel01[video][/video]

willem

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 am

whadaya think?,,I think you got you a song,,the song is nicely building up,,first with the pickin and later on the strumming gives together a sort of dynamic and fade nicely out,,yes I think you got you a song thats wada I think,,

cheers

Willem

daryl

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 am

Nice. Arpeggiating works well. Nice guitar. Which model? The only suggestion I have is to try to keep your fretting fingers closer to the strings when you're playing the intro part. You have a tendency to lift your fingers too far off the neck. Looking forward to more videos from you!

buddy

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 am

Nice job mon, I like what you did with this tune. The varied picking and strumming really added a nice variety to it. I also like what you did with the bridge with the double time strumming. Welcome aboard and nice to see you posting. Nice guitar as well.

Bud

sabathiel

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 am

daryl wrote:
Nice guitar. Which model?
It's only the entry model, the EM225C. Still a big deal for a beginner like me though. My previous guitar was a Fender CD-60CE but the difference in tone and playability is quite significant. I just love playing this Maton which I got second hand from eBay in mint condition.

sabathiel

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
So what feedback are you looking for?
Anything like the vocals or especially the guitar playing. I'll even take feedback on the fake Jamaican accent. LOL ;)

BobR

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 am

You be Jammin'

I think you're doing a fine job playing and your vocals sound real good to my ears.

Bob

dekotaj

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Bravo!!Sir,

Nice to see a new face on T.G. Busking.

Sounded good,Nothing wrong with making a song your own.Keep them coming.Look forward to seeing a lot more of you and your Maton guitar.

Best to you and your playing.
Kevin

tovo

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey mon that is some cool reggae with an Australian guitar! I have owned your exact model, but don't think I sold you yours. They are hugely popular guitars down here and are very well made so I think you made a good choice with that.

I don't have any critical feedback, I really enjoyed your version. You have a good strong voice and played with a lot of confidence and crispness.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic