Busking Vanessa

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Thought I'd upload it in here too, since not everyone can watch the videos for review.

The introduction in the students review-section:

''Hi TG-friends!

A few weeks ago I was sitting in the sun in the garden and just played, inspired by Neil’s lesson on Mr. Soul in which he shows how to just noodle around on the third (and second string) in this double dropped D-tuning . Gosh it felt so peacefull :) :) ! I wish that take was recorded, since I’ll never be able to do it again :S ! It also lasted way longer than three minutes, haha :laugh: ! Anyway, I kept noodling around with it and this is a bit of what I’ve been playing. Nothing fancy, just a couple of nice sounds I guess….

And since Neil mentioned in his weekly news wrap up:

'' On a closing note- see what you can come up with in an improvisation
in Dropped D, starting with just playing melody notes on the third
string and keeping a steady bass pattern going.’’

So……..here it is……..hope you’ll enjoy…..!

Ness''

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tombo1230

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi Nessa,
that was really neat. It was both great to listen to and amazing to see you getting lost in what you were playing. For a moment you were one with your guitar and the music seemed to just flow out of you. Amazing to watch you feel your way through it.

Thanks for sharing! B)

Tom N.

daryl

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks. I'm one of those who can't see into the student review area. Noodling can be mesmerizing. And one can end up playing for a VERY long time without realizing and suddenly look up and say "where did THAT hour go?". Now the 10 million dollar (or euro) question is: what scale or mode were you playing in?

coomba

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Vanessa
That was fantastic,
I also fall into the same category as above for the moment ,so thanks for showing this
your talent is amazing and encourages me to practice more than I do.
Cheers
Scott

millponddave

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Vanessa,

Once again you have held me captive to your playing. I enjoy your uploads very much. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

familyman4

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:21 am

Wow, you were really into this instrumental. I loved it! You have some real "soul power".

Thank you for sharing....
Bart

dekotaj

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 am

Haha, the 10 million dollar question! ;)

Well relative to the capo the notes I used were all 'white keys', which would make it Dorian. But I do use the Bb here and there (and no B at all), which makes it the Aeolian mode (natural minor), so I guess that's the answer to your question! :)

What did you think I was playing in?

daryl wrote:
Thanks. I'm one of those who can't see into the student review area. Noodling can be mesmerizing. And one can end up playing for a VERY long time without realizing and suddenly look up and say "where did THAT hour go?". Now the 10 million dollar (or euro) question is: what scale or mode were you playing in?

willem

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 am

I just listen it here again....

edit: Maybe it is a great idea to do some experimenting with a loop station..

daryl

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:17 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha, the 10 million dollar question! ;)

Well relative to the capo the notes I used were all 'white keys', which would make it Dorian. But I do use the Bb here and there (and no B at all), which makes it the Aeolian mode (natural minor), so I guess that's the answer to your question! :)

What did you think I was playing in?

daryl wrote:
I don't know my scales or modes (I only know the major scale). But I could tell what you were playing was not a major scale.....Thanks.

And I think Willem's suggestion of a looping station would be GREAT for you.

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am

Cool Video Vanessa.
Your a natural!

Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic