Busking Vanessa

dekotaj

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 am

Miss Vanessa.

What a great sound.The start with the bass runs at the beginning out of the G shape reminded me of a southern rock band sound like the Allman Brothers band.Then filling in the middle with the Spanish sound was a nice sound.And the inversion up and down the neck I really got to liking.Those were Minor key inversions yes???BRAVO Ness.

Kevin

willem

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Cool Video Vanessa.
Your a natural!

:)

Willem Wrote:
Maybe it is a great idea to do some experimenting with a loop station..
Isn't she loopy enough? :ohmy:

:laugh: :laugh:

Your right Dermot,,but then she can do some other improvisation,,lets say loop the first few measers with the bass runs and and then ............more Nessa mood!!!

B) B) B) I'm serieus Bro... :laugh:

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:53 pm

That was inspiring, Vanessa.

I liked both what you played- and what you didn't play if you know what I mean.
You let it breathe.

Thanks for the look!

lueders

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:01 pm

This was SO cool, Vanessa!!! :woohoo: B) :) :) :) :) :)

I've listened to this puppie like ga-zillion ba-dillion times already. I am so glad u felt inspired and wanted to share this. Thank u!!
Everytime I have watched this I have heard something new!! It sounds brilliant as is...but boy could u go crazy looping over this!!! (particularly in the drone-y pedal tone-ish parts .where you're already creating the illusion of more than one instrument...in those parts this would sound "Super-Duper Swell" with just a touch of "swelling- lilting"chorus effect or a minimalistic bottleneck slide melody over the top...ala G. Harrison. I hear so some serious possible melody notes going on in my head when I hear this. If music can make folks do that...it is really doing something, man!!! Great job!!!

Okay, so I am like Kevin...Upon the first listen I thought u were in Southern Rock territory. But then u briefly drove through a town called Santana and ordered up a cup of Dorian coffee. But that was on your way to a girls night with Kaki King and Mazzy Starr. But it was all u!! Then later I really stopped hearing those references and just heard the genius of how it all fit together. Then I started noticing all the things I hadn't heard before like that BIG, wash of sound, call to arms opening chord...and that deceptively hesitating false ending of sorts... that u did way up the neck...magical. Loved it.

michelew

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am

Tom: Hey Tom, how great to read you and thanks so much for your very kind! I'm of course really happy that you've enjoyed watching this vid B) ;), thanks Tom!

Daryl: Very true, I love to just play or to just play sing. Time flies when I do! :)

Coomba: What a sweet comment Scott :cheer: , really appreciate it, thanks!!

Dave: Ah you're still alive Dave, I'm missing you around here! Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a kind comment, smiling!! :) :)

Bart: Wow to you too!! 'Soul power', I'll take that as a major compliment :cheer: , thanks so very much, really great to hear!!

Dermot: Natural and loopy enough???! Haha :laugh: ! Thanks Dermot, I get the picture!! ;)

Willem: More Nessa-mood???! :laugh: That's sweet!

Kevin: Hey brand new grandpa, thanks so much sweet man! Really glad you liked all that! And yeah, I think I was in the Aeolian mode. I really didn't think about it much, I just played, but I guess I like minor sounds ;) ! thanks again Kev'!

Al: Hey Al, I've been missing you around here too!!! Hope all is well for you. Thanks for checking out the vid, and yeah I know what you mean! ;) I'm a big fan of what 'not to play'....and I guess it's also just the wáy I play, it's not a very conscious thing anymore (sometimes it is of course, especially when recording), very happy you liked it! Thanks Al!

Cori: OMG CORI!!!! :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo: :laugh: :P :kiss: :kiss: :cheer: :blush: :blush: Gósh you just knów how to make me smile and make me keep smiling, yeah and blush ;) ! You're so sweet my friend!! :kiss: You have some way of describing that you liked it, haha, such a great read! :laugh: And it means a lot to me....'magical', what more could I ask for??! :cheer: Thanks so much big guy!!

Thanks guys, truly appreciate it!! :) :) :)

Ness

dennisg

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 pm

I really must stop by here more often. Vanessa, I would pay to watch you noodle around on the guitar, but I'm glad I get it for free. Or, put another way, if I got nothing else from TG, your playing would make the subscription price worthwhile.

By the way, I haven't got a clue which mode you're playing in. All I know is that it sounds freaking awesome.

wrench

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:41 am

Aaaaaaaaaah Den, what a sweet man you are :kiss: !!!! Just thrilled to read your comment!!

Actually I had no idea about what mode I was in as well. I checked it, because Daryl asked. But for me when playing I just go for the sound, hence the noodling, of which I was indeed aware that it wasn't major.

Thanks so very much Dennis!

Ness

dennisg wrote:
I really must stop by here more often. Vanessa, I would pay to watch you noodle around on the guitar, but I'm glad I get it for free. Or, put another way, if I got nothing else from TG, your playing would make the subscription price worthwhile.

By the way, I haven't got a clue which mode you're playing in. All I know is that it sounds freaking awesome.

tacticaltal

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 am

Someone else described your playing as motivating, and I agree wholeheartedly, except that I can't seem to get enough time to get away from this performance! Just great playing, Vanessa.

tacticaltal

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 am

Someone else described your playing as motivating, and I agree wholeheartedly, except that I can't seem to get enough time to get away from this performance! Just great playing, Vanessa.

tombo1230

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Gosh, how great to read this, such a kind comment Terry, so very much appreciated!! :) :) :blush:

And it's also really great to have you around as well, it's nice when new members jump in here with two feet and offer support, ask questions, upload videos! :cheer:

Thanks again Terry!!

Ness

tacticaltal wrote:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic