Busking 'Something'

michelew

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:53 am

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been playing much lately for a variety of reasons. Well a sweet mentor has been encouraging me to play more and basically gave me an assignment which I’m delivering here. It’s a bit late... I’ve been thinking of getting a dog just so I could say ‘"...but the dog ate my homework Teach".” It’s pretty tricky, the assignment, ‘"play something, record and upload it’" . :) that’s it. I believe I said "“anything? Can I play my ukulele?”. "

So here is ‘'something'’, in the form of 'Take Your Love With Me' by Sophie Madeleine. It’'s just strumming, nothing fancy. But, since I'’ve now uploaded it ...well I guess I’ve finally delivered it.

Oh my... If only I could change the static image on the video below. I look seriously pained. :(

So since it’s been so quiet around here, I’'m passing the challenge onto you. It doesn’t matter what it is, a masterpiece, a progression, noodling, an original piece (all of the above), whatever you like.

Well I guess I better move on to something a little more guitar-focused for my next upload. :)

thanks for watching.

Shel

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:00 am

Hey! False pretences! That wasn't Something (no Beatles in sight), that was SOMETHING!

Lovely way to start my Sunday Shel thank you very much... you are a natural with your yuke and you really got into the singing there, really nice job. As we move into miserable weather here, its great to have some imported sun first thing in the morning!
Atta girl!

willem

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 am

Its the sun there that gives you a boost for breaking the silence here(almost a dead place),,you made me happy with your playing on the uke and not only the sound but also the way you did it gee Shel that was some nice strumming and singin...

Now let me think of something,just something!!! B) I said thinkin!!! B)

love your static uke face.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Willem

daryl

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 am

LOVED IT! Fun chords. Sweet melody. Nice sound outta that uke. Perhaps I'll take up your challenge. And hopefully others will too......

Lavallee

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 am

Hi Michele,

Quite an enjoyable performance. I am not a big uke fan because I find that they sound too thin. Yours however sounds so rich. Does it have a larger body? It is really fun to watch and hear you sing as well. You have fun singing pushing your voice up without any problem. It is wonderful to see the level of confidence you have gain.

Thanks for posting and rattling the cage with the challenge (I am working on some stuff, but do not have much chance to practice. So eventually....

Marc

michelew

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 am

Ditto, ditto, DITTO!!! Same here, just LOVED IT!!! :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

Gosh Shel what a nice surprise! :cheer: I thought you played it really well and sang it great too. I espcially loved the high Bb-note in particular (which occurs often in the song). You don't only sing it easily, but it sounds really great too!!! And what a lovely song-choice!

Ánd you manage to look so much more comfortable in front of the camera too, if you'd compare this vid with your first, haha! :P Major improvements in all sorts of ways!!

Your sweet mentor should give you more assignments, LOVED IT!! :cheer: :silly: ;)

Ness

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 am

Wow, Michele ... la-dee-daa :cheer: quite a smile-inducing song !

And it's great that your voice is opening up this way, too.

About that static image ... I thought you had just sat down and found that thumbtack you were looking for :P

Lovely, thanks !

Pierre

tombo1230

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Wow, Michele ... la-dee-daa :cheer: quite a smile-inducing song !
I have to agree with Pierre, a happy wee tune that induces a smile, that's exactly what happened to me watching your video.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Tom N.

willem

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am

okay...---,,something''

I copied the file here cos it uploaded in the wrong thread..

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Willem and Michele,

Thanks for sharing 'something' out of your day. Both were very enjoyable.
It's been a while since I've shared something- so I'll try to change that soon.

Cheers!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic