Busking 'Something'

daryl

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks all for the kind words. And some of you are TOO kind!

Tony, Thanks for the upload. You're way ahead of me with that damn A-form bar chord. I can't play them - my 3rd finger won't bend like that. And I liked the way you faded out the video.

Bart, I'm looking forward to your videos.

willem

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:02 am

Well I had to link this video cos it uploaded again in the wrong thread and I sure choose ''something''''

for the ''something'' it is just working on songs and I noticed I have another 10.000 miles to go..

daryl

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:06 am

Willem! That's your song!! ;) Your playing has improved so much!! And a nice little blues teaser at the end. Thanks for posting!

willem

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:26 am

daryl wrote:
Willem! That's your song!! ;) Your playing has improved so much!! And a nice little blues teaser at the end. Thanks for posting!

Well this thread is good for showing where you work on or some other ideas...

The most I love finger pickin and easy strumming songs,,and blues in the way I showed it a Bit.. lets say Blues were it all started...

THX

Willem

BobR

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Willem

I enjoyed that. Pretty nice finger picking going on,. And I got two for the price of one :laugh:

Keep at it.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Nice picking Willem... you've been busy! Thumbs up ;-)

willem

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Very nice Tony, good to hear you singing again! :) :)

Also good to see that you're able to play those to a lot of guitarplayers dreaded A-bar-shaped chords ;) ! Only be careful with the tip of your index, it's dangerously entering the wrong position if you know what I mean. Try to keep it straight.

Ness

tovo wrote:
Responding to Daryl's request for more videos, participating in Shel's excellent thread and making use of the time I've spent on 12 bar blues. This John Mayer tune from his latest album really grabbed me.

Chris has kindly pointed out some tuning issues. I need to remember to check that!

tovo

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 am

Hey Ness thank you again. Yes you're absolutely right of course, I need to straighten my index, I have always had it at an angle and need to pay more attention to it. You can also see here what my issue is with my little pinky, it really bends in toward my third finger which is why it's so easy to put on top for added support. I also need to remember to check my tuning! Duh! :)

dennisg

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 am

Willem: this may be just a "something" thread, but that's some of the best playing I've ever seen you do. Very nicely done.

Tony: I agree with Ness -- so good to hear you singing again. I've really missed it.

willem

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 am

Wow Dennis,thank you for the kind words,,recording your self gives us a good mirror..I am very happy with how I do,,still workin on this to get it smoother and cleaner..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic