Busking Merle Haggard

tacticaltal

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Very nice! M.H. is always fun to listen to. You did it well.

Will look forward to more from you as you get them posted...

Bart
Bart, thank you.

tombo1230

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:57 pm

tacticaltal wrote:
One of my favorite Merle Haggard tunes, called "If We Make It Through December".

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Well, here it is folks, my first Busking video, complete with first takes and mistakes. Be honest with your comments; I'm tough :)
Terry that was a great debut song/video. I really enjoyed that.

Some people have commented on your sound, the two important things for good sound are a decent microphone fairly close and not relying on your computers sound card or your cameras sound recording for the final sound, i.e. recording digitally into a daw or recording externally onto a drive. Some people get away with recording via their camera though. Ness's recordings are fairly good without any help. I think I can hear phasing in your recording which means your sound is feeding back on itself a little. This could be if you have the volume up when you are recording, the delayed sound from the spkrs could be getting recorded along with you playing. I hope this makes some sense and is useful.

If you go down the route of recording into a DAW you will get better sound, you then have to sync up the sound to the vision track using editing software and mute the original poor sound. This is not as complicated as it may sound at first. :)

Tom N.

tacticaltal

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Hey Tom, thanks. Is there any free software out there for doing what you suggest? I'm Googling now, but if you can more info, I'd appreciate it.

What about Audacity; do you have any experience with it?

tacticaltal

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

OH, well from what I read so far on DAW, Audacity is that, correct?

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Terry cool video.

ThesresHopeYet

Craig

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Terry,
Congratulations on a great first video post. It's always a little nerve wracking, but you did a nice job all the way around! And, it's always nice for the rest of us to put a face and voice to the written posts. Well done!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Way to go Terry! Great job on your first video post. Its become a real right of passage here and you did a fin job (we all know how nerve-wrecking the first few are!). You have a great voice for these songs. Maybe you can pan-out a bit next time so we can see the headstock and make of guitar... is it a Guild?
Chris in Swiss

BobR

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Terry,

As others have said the audio could be improved but overall I would say it was a mighty fine performance. Very nice playing and good voice too!

Thanks for Busking

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 am

Gosh Terry, that was great!!!! :cheer:

And I réally really like the fact that you're singing along and so well too! And yeah, you do look relaxed, haha, I understand you didn't feel that way, so I guess it comes natural, good for you!

As for the mic, I think you're using a Logitech Webcam right? Do you have a webcam-controller (comes with the software) when you open the webcam to record? If so, turn off the 'right sound'-button and you'll be fine.

As for audacity, Daryl is the expert here for that, and indeed Tombo is the expert in ánything about recording, and AcousticAl too! Personally I don't have a clue.....that's not entirely true, but....pffff.... :S

I'm digressing, I very much enjoyed your first video, really curious what's next. A Bee Gees-tune? Which ones do you like? Or Eagles? (I lóve the Eagles!!)

cheers

Ness

Btw....I know your guitar, an Epiphone right???!

willem

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 am

HI Terry,,I must say I enjoyed your busking but I'm not so familair with MH..

I try to put up a picture were I let you see which setting you have to made in your webcam software for getting a better sound,,this is the simplest way!!! and must work..

in the red circle!! turn off the right sound and also maybe put your computer sound level a bit low!!!

I hope we have the same software delivered with the logitech webcam..

If you cilck on the image you get it a bit bigger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic