Busking Merle Haggard

tacticaltal

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm

One of my favorite Merle Haggard tunes, called "If We Make It Through December".

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Well, here it is folks, my first Busking video, complete with first takes and mistakes. Be honest with your comments; I'm tough :)

haoli25

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm

You ROCK, Terry!!!! I really, really liked your performance. Thanks for sharing your video with us.

Bill Image

daryl

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Fantastic First Video! Nice playing and singing. You have a pleasingly deep voice. Looking forward to many more uploads from you. Thanks!!!

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Really enjoyed that!
You do have a great, deeeep voice that sounds great in this tune!

A suggestion-
Upload this again to the student review channel. That's the place where Neil chooses songs to review from.
Bet this gets a review with lots of valuable pointers from Neil to incorporate into your playing.

Well done!

michelew

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Great to see you jumping into the action end of the pool. Cool first video.

You've got a nice relaxed style and your voice is perfect for this style of music and really lovely (OK maybe that's not a manly enough description, make that great to listen to).

I second Al's suggestion. There's no guarantee of course, but Neil has been calling for more uploads so you're in with a good chance of getting some advice from the guru.

Thanks for showing us your stuff.

Michele

dtaylor

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Really nice work, your ability deserves a better mic though, your voice is good enough to come through the compression but I bet your playing sounds awesome in person.
Dean

buddy

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Terry, Bring an old cowboy myself, I always enjoy a good song by Merle. Very well played and I enjoyed your singing as well. Welcome aboard the busking train and keep them coming !

Bud

dennisg

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Way to kick some tush on your first video, Terry! It takes a lot of courage to record and post yourself playing and singing, so you have my total admiration. There are plenty of people who've been on this site for years, and still haven't done it.

I'd love to see you improve your audio recording to do justice to your fine playing and singing.

familyman4

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Very nice! M.H. is always fun to listen to. You did it well.

Will look forward to more from you as you get them posted...

Bart

tacticaltal

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

haoli25
Thank you, haoli, It wasn’t easy. I’m sure you could see some nervousness from my first time 

daryl
Thanks so much, daryl. Everyone says that about my voice, but I can’t hear it; sounds weird on playback.

AcousticAl
Thank you Al. I’m thinking about re-recording it, though before I upload it again. Nervousness caused some errors in this song that I’ve played for years, and thought I mastered.

michelew
Michele, Thanks for seconding Al’s suggestion. I will do that. I’m glad I looked relaxed, cause I wasn’t feeling it. :D

dtaylor
Dean, Please comment more on the “compression” part for me. I’ve just downloaded Audacity, and have been messing with it to try and clean the audio.

I don’t know what is meant by “compression”, and I’d love to understand the technical nature of recording.

Thanks for your nice compliment.

buddy
I’ll do it, Bud, and thank you for listening. Merle is one of the few masters still around. I’ll hate to see him go.

dennisg
Thanks, dennis. I think there was a different person in me there, cause I usually run from cameras and stages.

I do want to improve the audio, but right now, and for the foreseeable future, I’m stuck with the mic which comes with my $30 camera.

As I’ve mentioned earlier, I do have audacity, but I need some help with how to use it. Sort of a Cliff’s Notes version, if you will. I think I’ve figured out how to convert from WMV and WMA to MP3, but that is about it.

Any help would be very much appreciated from those who use and know Audacity.

A warm Thank you to everyone.

Terry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic