Busking 'Family of Year'

thereshopeyet

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 am

I thought that was really really lovely!!! Lovely singing, harmonies, playing, a joy to listen to, which I did a couple of times!! :) ;)

Ness

dennisg

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Al & Helen,

Everything about the performance was just perfect: your individual voices, your combined voices, and the guitar playing. I have to say, Al, that little Taylor really records nicely. Very balanced.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi Al, great post there.
It's nice to hear that spruce-top GS Mini sing ... one of it's mahogany-top cousins lives at my place, and insisted on singing along (a few times). You kept up an even, comfortable pace that's fun to follow.

Both your voices on harmonies are a hoot ... Helen's "ooh-oohs" close to the 1min50 mark are wonderful.

Pierre

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 am

Hey thanks for checking it out and all the comments.
I never know what new group H will introduce me to- and I'm pleased to intro you to them too!

Daryl- only two voices for most of the song. Another two tracks added during the 'ooo' part.

Willem- That is funny! But I hope you're wrong.

Jay- Sounds like The Fence is a fave of a few people. Thanks.

Dean- I don't know about 'better than the original'- but thanks.

Mark & Chris- It was a great way to spend some of the evening :woohoo:

Tony- As I wrote earlier, it seems 'The Fence' is a benchmark to reach for for us. We'll keep trying..

Buddy & Tom- Thanks for checking it out.

Michele- Glad you liked it. It is good to be playing (and recording) again.

Hydro- 'Public Performance Quality'... Maybe one day at an open mic somewhere..

Bob & Craig- Thanks for the comments. Mohawk went easy on us that night. Barely a peep. It was GLORIOUS!!

Terry & Bart- Much appreciated. Also glad to see some new faces on here.

Pete- Thanks. BTW- I thought about you the other night when I was playing some Lennon :)

Jay & Daryl (again)- I'll send you our rider. Don't forget to remove all the brown m&m's from our candy bowl..
That's the chord progression- except during the 'ooo' part. Deviates a bit but uses the same chords.

Ness- Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Dennis- I agree that the Taylor records nicely- but unplugged. I've had it plugged in a few times now and found it a bit abrasive..
I'm thinking of switching strings soon. I bought some John Pearse phosphor bronze on someone's recommendation and will see how they do.

Pierre- Close, but no cigar. It's a Taylor 312.
I also have a GS Mini mahogany- got rid of the Mini spruce.

BigBear

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Holy smokes!! That was simply outstanding. I'm at a loss for superlatives. Mrs. Al has a wonderful voice and that song fit her perfectly. What a beautiful duet. And Al your guitar work was really good and tight too.

I don't know that song at all but I do now. Thank you both for a real professional performance. You should both be very proud.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic