Busking Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers (acoustic guitar plus backing track)

sabathiel

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 am

Here is a recording I just made today. I am using my Cole Clark Australian made guitar here. For those who don't know Cole Clark was formed by 2 renegade Maton employees in the early 2000s. Today Cole Clark and Maton are two world famous Australian guitar manufacturers. I used a custom backing track here where I deleted the acoustic guitar part so I can play on this track and sing as well. I wasn't happy with the backing tracks original backing vocals (not loud enough) so I added my own layer of my own backing vocals. I haven't been practising my strumming lately because I have been busy practising songs that don't require strumming like Tears In Heaven (Eric Clapton), Blackbird (The Beatles) and Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's). I felt my strumming on this song is much better when I am not singing and playing at the same time but I was quite happy with the strumming on this take. I guess it is still not a perfect take guitar wise and singing wise but I didn't mind this take so I posted it on Youtube. It's a country Rolling Stones song and The Stones don't do many country songs and decades later after they recorded this song in 1971 they said it is a terrible country song particularly the guitar. Jagger says he is more of a blues singer than a country singer. I thought it is a great number regardless of how they felt about the song. Any feedback either good, bad or just OK are welcomed. Cheers!

[video size=100 width=480 height=360][video][/video]

willem

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 am

Think you got you an song from the beginning to the end..thx ..

Willem

jayswett

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:59 am

I enjoyed that. I need to download that song. Post some more videos!

MarkM

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Well Done!! This is such a fun song to play. You should be happy with your performance. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Fun song, well done Sabathiel! Well mixed video too. Welcome to the video poster's club!
Chris

tovo

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Gee whiz, I thought that Chas in New Zealand would be onto this thread like a shot, singing the praises of Cole Clark guitars.

Nice work on the recording mate, a bit of multi-track action there! Keep posting and enjoying.

beaker

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Well done! I am impressed with what you did to get the custom backing track. I like the song a lot as well (great choice) The Stones Rock!

sabathiel

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah with custom backing tracks you can choose to delete whatever instruments that are on the track or even delete the backing vocals and vocals. You can even lower or increase the volume of any vocal or instruments. They are very cool. You can get them from karaoke-version.com

buddy

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Really well done and fun to watch. Welcome fellow busker, keep them coming.

Bud

BobR

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Nicely played and sung. Cool video with all the tracks

Thanks for Busking

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic