Busking Johnny Rivers

tacticaltal

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 am

Very nice, Hydroman. I remember listening to this at 7 years of age, what a great song, and you two do it well.

tacticaltal

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:25 am

2nd watching, Hydro, that was really great. On a tech note, what do you have your mics plugged into, and do I see two of them for you?

michelew

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 am

You guys are SOOOOOOOO COOOL!!!!!!

Secret daaaanger maaan...

Ok that'll be in my head for a while.

I LOVED it!

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 am

For a tune so full of mystery and danger, it's highly appropriate that Batman let you guys record this in his actual bat-cave.
Very generous of him ... but maybe now you know too much ... odds are ... (?)

Great stuff ! Contagious ! That song is on my short list since Neil put up his lesson this past week.

Pierre

BobR

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Guys,

Very Cool and nicely played and sung.

Bob

dennisg

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:35 am

A song from the 1960s about a spy? What's not to like! This was so much fun; I loved both of your performances and only wished the volume on the bass and the guitar was tweaked up just a bit relative to the drum track.

I saw Johnny Rivers play this at the Roxy on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. He was on the bill with Chuck Berry.

MarkM

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:30 am

Guys that was just great. I'd put this one up there with the best of your performances. Now I just need to find a 1960 Astin Martin and my day will be complete!!! Outstanding.

MarkM

Fred

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Way cool Hydro...great stuff. Sound was really well done. Way to rock it!

Best
Fred

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Just love your clips guys!

Hydroman52

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 am

A moment of insomnia at camp and unreliable Internet access.

Jay - Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for watching.

Tac - The mics are plugged into a Bose T1 unit (digital mixer with effects), and that is plugged into a Bose L1 Model II PA with two bass modules (sounds pretty good in the garage). We ran two lines out of the T1 unit to the direct input jacks of a Tascam DR-40 and recorded in 4 channel mode along with the two internal mics. I really don't spend a lot of time on the recording set up, and so the quality is sometimes quite bad. As I recall, the camera track was unusable because I had the record level set too high and it was distorted. I had to do some volume adjustment in Audacity for the final video. Then I mixed the audio track with the video in AVS Video Editor. That is where I removed (muted) the camera audio track. Hope this is the information you were looking for. Let me know if you need more details. Thanks for watching.

Michele. - Ahhhh, Danger Man. I was ignorant that this was the origin of the series (Secret Agent) that spawned this song. Did you ever watch Danger Man? This can be one of those "ear worm" songs. Thanks for watching.

All for now. More later.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic