Busking Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven with custom backing track

sabathiel

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 am

Not an easy song for me to sing and play guitar at the same time especially when I insist on playing the guitar licks of the second guitarist and not just stick to the Clapton guitar part. Using a custom backing track as usual where I deleted the Clapton guitar part. This is like take 100. LOL Finally gave up and took the take that I think is OK and gave up on finding the close to perfect take. Played on my Canadian made La Patrie Concert CW QI nylon string guitar made by Godin. I am aware in some parts I have problems with diction because I was concentrating on the coming guitar parts that I stop short of following through with enunciating the words. Comments either from believers, heretics or even infidels are welcomed. ;)

[video size=100 width=480 height=360][video size=100 width=480 height=360 type=youtube]sabathiel01[/video][/video]

tovo

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 am

Hi mate. I don't regard myself as a believer, heretic or infidel...not sure what my category is.
I think you have the right idea regarding not striving for the 'perfect take'...it doesn't exist. I thought this was really credible. I think you are probably a bit tough on yourself regarding diction, you did just fine. Your embellishments I thought were a bit rushed at times, but I think your timing will improve as you get more familiar with it all. Kudos for this, I thought you did great.

daryl

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 am

I thought this was great! Nice playing and singing. Nice backing track too (good stereo separation). How many backing tracks do you have?

sabathiel

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:21 am

Too many to count. Thanks for the complement.

jayswett

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 am

Very nice. I would love to learn those licks you added, but will instead focus on that Mumford and Sons song for now. This song is good to learn as it is immediately recognizable to the person who says "You play guitar? Play me something." Neil's lesson on this song is great, as one might expect.

tacticaltal

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am

I thought the diction was fine, as well well as the voice and guitar. I think sometimes we hear things that others don't, perhaps due to wanting a perfect, or near-perfect take. Don't worry about it; keep on playing and recording. Well done.

willem

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Just great and the time is comming that we hear this song again on the radio stations I guess....I also study your karaoke site and that is a great thing that you can make the track as you want,,,but when you bought it can we download the track on your own computer? or stays it on there site??

your great

Willem

sabathiel

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:58 pm

yes you can download those tracks to your own computer.....you just edit the tracks on their site by choosing what instruments you want to delete once done you can download it to your computer.....there are no limits to how many times you want to edit or download to your computer once you pay for a single track. Hope this helps.

willem

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 pm

sabathiel wrote:
yes you can download those tracks to your own computer.....you just edit the tracks on their site by choosing what instruments you want to delete once done you can download it to your computer.....there are no limits to how many times you want to edit or download to your computer once you pay for a single track. Hope this helps.

sure it helps,,cos i was wondering if I must pay for every change on the track,,this is really good stuff..

Yamaha48

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Hello Sabathiel.

Thanks for this upload,a great song from Eric Clapton.
You play the song on your own way,i like it.
Your guitar a Nylon string,la patrie by Godin.
I have a Seagull steelstring.

cheers..............Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic