Busking A little more blues

tacticaltal

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 am

Damn, Tony, I missed this one. Sorry for being late, but that was some good stuff. I like the blues too, but don't really know how to do them.

Good job, man, and keep playin'

~terry

tovo

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm

I've been working on this short rhythm and lead piece. The idea being something a little bluesy that can be played without backing. It's quite short, so I ran through it twice. Again, nothing too detailed, I just like to share what I am doing and hopefully demonstrate continued progress. I quite like this little progression, I am happy for opinions on it.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

snipe

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey, sounds good. Keep going with it! Your Guitar sounds sweet
Mike

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey Tony!

I really like it, you're sounding better and better. There are a couple of places where I would have liked you to have stayed on the note a bit longer, I also suggest you slow down the runs a little to keep them clean, but over all it sounds REALLY cool. Gosh man you're getting a great sound out of your amplified Taylor. I'd love to know how you're creating and capturing that sound if you feel like getting technical.

It's getting bluesier and bluesier. Really niiiice.

Shel

tovo

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 am

Thanks Mike much appreciated.

Shel thanks for those suggestions. In terms of sound it's a great, simple solution. You can buy a piece of kit called 'iRig' from Apple Store for something like $50 from memory, possibly less. You plug your mic into one end and plug the other into your iPad. Position the mic in front of your amp and use the iPad camera to record the video. The iRig has a gain control and increases the sound quality captured from your amp significantly. Worth the modest expense for sure.

BobR

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 am

Hi Tony,

You're sounding more and more bluesy all the time B) . As Mike said sweet sounding guitar :)

Bob

dennisg

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 am

It's sounding very bluesy, Tony, and I'm really liking what I'm hearing. There's a lot of nice stuff going on in there.

tovo

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Bob, Dennis thanks guys. It's a long journey, but I'm enjoying the trip.

tvarga

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Tony, that sounds pretty cool!
My son has an iRig, so I'm going to have to give it a try with my iPad.
Are you using the rear camera? If so, is it a pain to get it lined up to your position when you can't see the screen pointing away from you?
-Tom

dennisg

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:45 pm

tvarga wrote:
Tony, that sounds pretty cool!
My son has an iRig, so I'm going to have to give it a try with my iPad.
Are you using the rear camera? If so, is it a pain to get it lined up to your position when you can't see the screen pointing away from you?
-Tom
Note that the original iRig has been replaced by the iRig HD, it was announced today. So make sure you get the new one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic