Busking Orleans by Vanessa

RicksPick

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Uploaded this one in the review-section, thought I'd post it in here, for some who can't access the review-vids.

The introduction:

'Hey TG-friends!

It’s been a lot of fun playing this song this past week, I actually never realized it has súch a cool guitarpart in it, too cool! B) :)

Anyway, I thought I’d share it with all of you. Thanks again Neil for such a fun challenge! It was really nice to work on something again.

I didn’t have the patience to go for the ‘perfect’ take, so I hope this is good enough or just enough to show what I’ve been working on. Hope you’ll enjoy!

Cheers all!

Ness'

Craig

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Vanessa,
Your usual awesome work. Nice way to start my morning, thank you! I've been familiar with this song for years but never really stopped to listen to the guitar work. I agree with you, very cool!!! Well done as always!

Craig

willem

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Wow Vanessa,, I love to see your fingers dancing like a spider on that fretboard and wow on that singin too,,certainly a great song..

Willem

ps maybe we now get a thread on supple fretting fingers :laugh: :laugh: B)

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:49 pm

I think I'm in love, here!!!

A bit aware of the camera, I believe, causes those minor mistakes, but had you not rolled the eyes, nobody would have noticed :) Vanessa, you're awesome on the guitar.

So how long did you practice this before the upload?

BTW: keep the eyes rolling, you're beautiful when you do that :P

daryl

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Very nice. You make it look so easy! Thanks for upload it to the busking area.

buddy

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Great playing and singing on this version. Enjoyed seeing your fingers work on this tune.

Bud

michelew

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Craig: Hey Craig, thanks so much for your always uplifting support and kindness!! :) :) Very happy you've enjoyed it and for adding to the sundaymorning-mood!! ;)

Willem: Wow!!! Even two 'wow's, gotta love them!!! :cheer: :P Thank you Willem, truly appreciate it, thanks again!! Supple fretting fingers?! Haha!! :laugh:

Terry: Terry, gosh you're too kind and flattering!!! :cheer: :blush: :silly: The rolling with the eyes, haha :laugh: ! Well it's actually because I had a hard time remembering the words! :S I kept mixing them up, so I was actually thinking réally hard! :blink: Or like at the end the little runs with the G-chord, I just kinda move along with the playing, even with my eyes that is. I'm quite an extravert person and express myself in lots of ways, face, hands, arms. Chances are I'll keep rolling my eyes! :P As for practicing.....hmmmm......well, it took me a day and a half to get it up to full speed and after that I just kept playing it, songs need to age if you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks a whole bunch!!! :) :)

Daryl: Thanks Daryl, glad to hear you liked it and you're welcome of course! ;)

Bud: Well it sure is a whole lotta fun to play!!! I also love it, because it's still a vocal song (I'm not that much into instrumentals), so singing and some cool playing, gotta love it!! Thanks so much for checking it out! :)

Thanks guys, you're great!!

Ness

tvarga

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Incredible!! Even more so that you're singing along with great playing. Again, wow!! :)
-Tom

BobR

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Vanessa,

I saw this on the other post I just wanted to watch it again. Great job

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:42 am

TomV: Smiling smiling smiling!! :) :) And yeah I love it that the song is still a vocal song, yet múch fun to play as well, you should try it out as well, really!! :) :) Thanks so much Tom, very pleased that you liked it!

Bob: Haha, thanks Bob, álways great to read it twice, really, much appreciated!!! ;) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic