Well I'm learning a totally new lesson. One that I don't want

tovo

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Ouch, is that what they call the "Pepsi challenge"? Scott, hope the shoulder heals up really quickly and you are back playing as normal. I hear you on standing, it's quite weird at first but I found it very good for trusting my finger placement and feeling the groove of the tune. Hopefully this will be a positive out of a bad situation.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey Scott, hope you find a way to take some good out of this ... Michele's ukulele suggestion makes sense, lot of useful theory to grasp there, too.

Of course, "shit happens". The real problems come when "shit appends" :silly: , so it helps to take things a day at a time.

Be well,
Pierre

tacticaltal

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 am

Scott,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've imagined injuries to myself that would prevent me from playing, and it's mighty scary. Please rest, and follow Doctors orders. I wish you the best, my friend.

Terry

sbutler

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:45 am

again, thanks everybody. it really helps to know people are rooting for you. I have to confess. I just pulled out my sweet little Seagul. She's a lot smaller than the Taylor, but it only took two minutes to realize I should just re hydrate the sound hole hydrator, and put it away.

pain sucks outloud!!!!

Scott

dennisg

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 pm

So sorry to hear about the injury, Scott, and you have my sympathy. I've got a torn labrum in my right shoulder (from a bike accident), and the damn thing aches pretty much all the time. I like the suggestion about trying a Taylor GS Mini. It's a small guitar, and it's about the only one I've played that actually sounds good.

The silver lining in all of this is that you'll learn to play standing up, which is a very useful skill to have.

Anyway, good luck with your recovery. I hope it's speedy.

Lavallee

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 am

Sorry to be late Scott, that must have hurt like hell. Glad you can play a little bit again. Maybe you could try to hold the guitar a little lower, to prevent the shoulder from opening.

Keep us posted on the improvements.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic