Need a suggestion

tacticaltal

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm

You guys have heard a couple of my uploads. I've ran out of songs :D I'm mostly interested in learning songs where I can play melodies on the guitar while singing. Actually, I know a lot of songs, but most don't incorpoate any lead playing (or, just kinda simple stuff, at best). Here's hoping to get some new ideas, any genre (within reasonable expectation of me being able to accomplish it). Let the suggestions for new songs to learn begin.

Terry

willem

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Uhm......'Dance with me'???? :) :) :) Some cool, 'not simple', playing in there and still a vocal song!!! ;)

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Terry why not have a look at

Here Comes The Sun

A review of Deans was uploaded earlier.... interesting.

Dermot

:)

willem

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Terry,,strumming,,singin,,leadplaying or such,,,look at ''brown eyed girl'' , to start with,,,you need a cutaway.. B) B) you can do it I''m sure,,I still can't but it is two years ago that I looked at it,,

Goodluck

Willem

daryl

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Cat Stevens - Father and Son
Beatles - Norwegian Wood, Blackbird, In My Life, Julia, Michelle
Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends, Homeward Bound, I Am A Rock, and many more
Chet Atkins - I Still Can't Say Goodbye
Fleetwood Mac - Landslide

dtaylor

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 pm

A favourite of mine is Jethro Tull's Wond'ring Aloud, it's quite busy, but it's short and sweet. Neil's lesson introduced me to it.

Dean

tacticaltal

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:23 am

Ness Lol, you funny gurl :D My fingers ain't never danced like yours there at the end. I do like the song, however. :)

Dermot, I've actually been working on that song. Might give it a go, thanks.

Willem, Well, girlfriend tells me that's her favorite, so up to the top of the list it goes!

Daryl, In My Life and Landslide are two great songs. Thanks.

Dean, thanks, I'll look into it.

willem

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 am

tacticaltal wrote:
Ness Lol, you funny gurl :D My fingers ain't never danced like yours there at the end. I do like the song, however. :)

Dermot, I've actually been working on that song. Might give it a go, thanks.

Willem, Well, girlfriend tells me that's her favorite, so up to the top of the list it goes!

Daryl, In My Life and Landslide are two great songs. Thanks.

Dean, thanks, I'll look into it.

Well Terry thats great,,me too goin back on it and see what the two years that i did'nt see the lesson has brought me,,

Willem

tacticaltal

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Hey Willem, it will be fun. :)

willem

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 am

tacticaltal wrote:
Hey Willem, it will be fun. :)
Well Terry,,I was back on THE lesson and the two years brought me nothing,,well at least on the transitions in the intro on the 12 fret and so on (I don't have a cut/away), so I play in that way the parallel sixts on the intro instead of the parallel seconds..but in the same way/order as the parallel seconds (a whole octave???)

I must say that I asked Neil on that problem with the transitions on the 12 fret and so on, and if he could show the transitions on a guitar without an cut/away...and he did..man I was envious,,,he showed that in a life streaming show we had a few times,,I wish which show it was 'cos its such a long time ago,,,its filmed and hangs a round here in some place..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic