Busking Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

sabathiel

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 am

Introducing my newest guitar to my guitar collection the Mini Maton EML/6. My only complain doing this song is the breathing which is tricky because you need to take a deep breath at the beginning of each verse. Not so easy when you are somewhat an advanced beginner on guitar and singing at the same time. The deep breath is like an additional skill whilst singing and playing guitar. Often I was concentrating so much on the singing and remembering the lyrics that I forgot to take the deep breath or didn't take enough breath. Even when I did take a deep breath sometimes I ran out of breath by the end of the line. Anyway I thought I'd post me singing with my new baby guitar. BTW the original song is just one acoustic guitar and vocals.

[video size=100 width=480 height=360][/video]

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 am

Hello sabathiel

I like this song.
I enjoyed your rendition of it.
I wish I had your confidence and ability.

What's wrong with your singing voice I rather like it.

Nice Maton too, lucky you !
What other guitars do you have?

TheresHopeyet

:)

daryl

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 am

Nicely done. And that sure is a ton of words to sing while hitting all the right bass notes. Good job.

willem

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:43 am

Hi,,thanks for remembering me to this song,,its a favo from my wife..so I look up the lesson again..thx

Your playing was an inspire and enjoyed that ..great job on that nice guitar..

I think I know what you mend with the singin and maybe its a deep breath as you said and then my suggestion would be singin the words more legato(glue them),,you did it more staccato...

HEY no backing track??

Willem

sabathiel

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:50 am

No backing track coz the original is exactly the way I covered it with vocals and acoustic guitar. So no other instruments were used. There is another version where the band used a string section but that is not the original album version. I think that was a bonus version on a compilation album years after the original was released.

sabathiel

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello sabathiel

I like this song.
I enjoyed your rendition of it.
I wish I had your confidence and ability.

What's wrong with your singing voice I rather like it.

Nice Maton too, lucky you !
What other guitars do you have?

TheresHopeyet

:)
My guitars are Cole Clark Fat Lady 2AC, Maton EM225C, Mini Maton EmL/6, La Patrie Concert CW QI classical nylon string guitar and Fender 12 string CD160CE. I'm trying to sell the Maton EM225C because I figured I don't need 2 Maton or 2 exactly same type of guitar (the EM225C Maton is the same type of guitar with the Cole Clark Fat Lady 2AC the difference being the Maton is solid top only and the Cole Clark is all solid body guitar).

buddy

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 am

Welcome, I really enjoyed your rendition of this tune.

Bud

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 pm

I wasn't familiar with the song, but I thought it was a nice job all around, sabathiel.

Terry

tovo

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Good job. I tried this once and totally blew it, wrong key and all. You did a much better job.

I have have owned both the mini-Maton and also a 225c. Did you buy your Matons in the USA or have them imported yourself?

sabathiel

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:02 pm

tovo wrote:
Good job. I tried this once and totally blew it, wrong key and all. You did a much better job.

I have have owned both the mini-Maton and also a 225c. Did you buy your Matons in the USA or have them imported yourself?
I am in Oz. I bought both Matons second hand on eBay. Both in mint condition except for the Maton hard case. Quite a significant saving from buying it brand new especially compared to the price at my local music store. So lucky.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic