To Her Door (Paul Kelly - live version) guitar cover with custom backing track

sabathiel

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 am

This is a guitar cover of the "Rock The Millennium" live version of Paul Kelly's classic 80s hit "To Her Door". Paul Kelly is known as an Aussie legend somewhat like an Australian Bob Dylan. This live version is a different arrangement to the original studio album version with some different lyrics. It starts mellow with a break and solo vocal without instruments after the guitar solo. The original is constantly upbeat from beginning to the end with no breaks. This is probably the easiest guitar cover I have done. I feel a bit more relaxed on this one. Played on my Maton which Paul Kelly also plays.

[video size=100 width=480 height=360][/video]

tovo

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 am

Now that I have figured out that you are Australian, it makes sense that you are covering Paul Kelly. Had I seen this earlier I would have been quicker on the uptake.

Good on you for taking a very well known tune by Australian standards and putting your own spin on it.

I'll be interested to read if anyone outside of Australia is familiar with Paul Kelly or this tune. For me, any comparison to Dylan is pretty generous, but I'm not a fan at all and plenty of people are, including you.

You have a unique style and that's a good thing. I enjoyed checking out the video.

daryl

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 am

Nope. Don't know the song or the artist. But did enjoy your performance. You should try to play the lead solo. Looking forward to your next upload.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic