Busking Jason Mraz by Vanessa

cosmicmechanic

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 pm

For the ones who can't access the review-section, the introduction:

'Hey TG-friends!

I actually don’t know much about Jason Mraz, but a week ago someone asked me how to play this song, well luckily for me we have a lesson on it here at TG, so case closed right?! But no this guy wanted to play it exactly as Jason does in this particular concert, a version that he doesn’t play on any other performance that I could find (I listened to quite a few!), so I had to figure it out by myself :dry: , good eartraining for me B) ! But since I immediately fell in love with the song, it wasn’t really a sacrifice to get into it.

Also by watching this performance I suddenly realized that he is actually súch a talented musician, he plays well of course, but he also sings very well, gosh such perfect pitch :ohmy: ! Not to mention that he writes his own songs too.

I can’t say that the song is really hard to play, but it’s filled with many subtleties and lots of nuances, dynamics, easy to miss something. Also vocally, or I should say lyrically…..gosh, that was a challenge :S …..! If you don’t know the song, you’ll see what I mean, haha :laugh: !

In any way, I think I covered most of what Jason is doing in this particular concert, if I’m missing something, feel free to let me know! :) (btw I raised it a half step)

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

Ness'

willem

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Wow Vanessa,,you almost beat yourself(I find ''Vincent still the greatest),,This is such a favourite song of mine and I worked on it a bit as the lesson here on TG and listen much to JM so the performence by you came so close to Jason,,I love the dynamics on the guitar and in your singin,,,build it up and fade out,,really liked it..you got you a song..one for yourself and one to teach,,is the guy or girl that asked you how to play it happy,,it must be..

: :woohoo: :woohoo: :) :cheer: :cheer: B)

Willem

tvarga

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:41 pm

That was wonderful Vanessa! Fantastic playing and a wonderful voice.
I always look forward to your next video.
Keep 'em coming.
-Tom

BobR

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Vanessa,

You nailed it. I mean that was great both playing and vocally. I saw Jason play this recently on Dary'ls House( no not TG Daryl :laugh: Daryl Hall). Anyway You did a spectacular version.

Bob

buddy

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Ness, Really enjoyed this, always nice to see your bright smile.

tombo1230

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm

buddy wrote:
Ness, Really enjoyed this, always nice to see your bright smile.
Ness, that was just brilliant to watch and listen to. You captured the nuances just fine! Powerfull when it needed to be and soft when it was called for.
Beatifully sung and played so well as always. First class! More please. B) :)

Tom N.

tovo

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Beautiful Ness,

For me (and so many others) you have everything that makes a great artist. Of course you play so well, you sing so well, but it's more than that. I BELIEVE everything you sing. You are so open, so likable. Your beauty as a person shines through your music. You know how to move people. You can take me through a whole range of emotions as you just did with this tune. I have learned so much about how to perform from watching you. I can't DO it, but I am absorbing what it takes. Of course the critical step is to be able to play the tune as easily as you do, freeing yourself up to perform to your best. Neil has told me that in reviews, and I see it whenever I watch you perform. Thanks for everything you do. You are truly a wonderful player and person.

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 am

Beautiful, Vanessa. See the other thread for more.

MarkM

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Gosh guys, you're the sweetest!! :cheer: :kiss:

Willem: Almost beat myself?? Haha :P ! Well 'Vincent' is definitely special to me and I do know that it's your favorite :) ! So getting close to that is already more than I could ask for! :woohoo: And yeah, I like the dynamics in this one too, it's what makes the song if you know what I mean. Well I'm showing this guy 'how to play' this song this monday, so I hope he'll be happy! ;) Thanks so very much Willem!

Tom: Thanks so much Tom! Really very nice to hear that, appreciate it!! :) :)

Bob: Hey Bob, thanks for checking it out! Coincedently Scott send me the link to this particular Daryl Hall concert, what an AWESOME version (Jason does this song in a lot of different ways :S ), enjoyed it very much! So, yeah, also very happy that you liked mine too (although it's still his? :dry: )! ;) :P Thanks a lot Bob!!

Buddy: Thanks so very much Bud, really glad you're not getting tired of my smile!! ;) :P No kidding Bud, so nice to hear that, thanks! :) :)

Tombo: Aaaah Tom, you're so sweet!! Very pleased to hear you thought I had captured the nuances of the song, since that's what the song is all about (at least in my opinion). Many thanks for your never ending support! :cheer:

Tony: :blush: :blush: :blush: ......gosh, you left me so speechless and.......SMILING!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) You blew me away......can't thank you enough for your more than sweet comment, gosh!!! :silly: .... :kiss: :kiss:

Terry: Alright, off to the other thread! :P

Thanks so much guys! :) :)

Ness

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Outstanding Vanessa !

So you've moved on from Sound of Silence too Beautiful Noise !

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic