Busking GRACE POTTER

buddy

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Here is an acoustic version of Stars by Grace Potter. I heard this tune the other day and I felt compelled to learn it. It is a very lovely song.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Hey Budster!

I got my introduction to Grace Potter through a show I was in turn introduced to by Dennis, "Live at Daryl's House" (Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame). I was really blown away by her energy, talent and presence. She looks absolutely fantastic and sounds the same.

I thought this was a great tune for you. I so enjoyed listening and I thought you got the "energy level" exactly right. In my opinion you have a terrific voice, you don't have to try hard to prove it. This tune highlighted your power and you sang it really easily rather than pumping it out too hard. Does that comment make sense? It does to me anyway! :)

Fabulous job.

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Buddy, Very nice job, guy. You should go somewhere with that voice, really great.

Lavallee

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am

Hi Buddy, not familiar with the song but you make it very interesting. As Tony said, good balance of guitar and voice intensity. I know you are real familiar with videos, so it was intentional to shoot in front of a window,a dark rider video!

Thanks for posting

Marc

buddy

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Budster!

I got my introduction to Grace Potter through a show I was in turn introduced to by Dennis, "Live at Daryl's House" (Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame). I was really blown away by her energy, talent and presence. She looks absolutely fantastic and sounds the same.

I thought this was a great tune for you. I so enjoyed listening and I thought you got the "energy level" exactly right. In my opinion you have a terrific voice, you don't have to try hard to prove it. This tune highlighted your power and you sang it really easily rather than pumping it out too hard. Does that comment make sense? It does to me anyway! :)

Fabulous job.
Tony, Thanks for the constructive and encouraging comments, they make perfect sense to me.

Bud

willem

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am

Wow Buddy,,I liked you had a star shining in your guitarbody :laugh: ,,I geuss the song has nothing to do with real stars(in the sky)..but that you can tell to me..

I enjoyed your performence and it was all in balans and I found it really good singin...

can you put up the lyrics?

Willem

buddy

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Willem, Thanks for the comments. Here are the lyrics to this song.

I lit a fire with the love you left behind,
And it burned wild and crept up the mountainside.
I followed your ashes into outer space
I can't look out the window,
I can't look at this place,

I can't look at the stars,
They make me wonder where you are
Stars,
Up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all,
I know you've gone too far
So I, I can't look at the stars
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/grace+pott ... 20436.html ]
All those times we looked up at the sky,
Looking out so far,
We felt like we could fly.
And now I'm all alone in the dark of night,
The moon is shining,
But I can't see the light,
And I can't look at the

Stars,
Stars,
Up on heaven's boulevard
So I, I can't look at the stars

Stars,
Stars,
Stars,
Up on heaven's boulevard
So I can't look at the stars.

BobR

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Buddy,

Very nicely done, nice video effect as well.

Thanks for introducing me to another tune :)

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 pm

tovo wrote:
... I got my introduction to Grace Potter through a show I was in turn introduced to by Dennis, "Live at Daryl's House" (Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame). I was really blown away by her energy, talent and presence. ...
Yeah, I've just got back from visiting with Grace and Daryl ... talk about blown away, lost my hat.

Buddy, that was right up your alley. Loved it, you too can knock'em out. Thanks for letting me in on this artist.

Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:53 am

Nice one Buddy. Interesting with the back-lighting. In your barn?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic