Busking Willie Nelson

tacticaltal

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 pm

daryl wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
daryl wrote:
Oh no. Not again. Where's the ending?????? Love you voice Terry (perfect for this song). But why does the video stop at 3 minutes? Is there a limit in your recorder? Or is your upload limited somehow? We've gotta get that fixed!!!!!
daryl, I don't know what's up with it ending, but all of mine have done that when I go over 3:00. Or, maybe it's the size of the file, but I'm under the 200MB they list as the MAX.

Bob, thank you.
What are you using as your video recorder? Do you get any sort of message like "video recording has stopped automatically"? What sort of computer are you using (PC or MAC) and how much disk space is available?
Logitech cam (abt/ $40)
no messages of stopped recording
and abt. 85% space available on HD (149GB)
Windows XP
1GB RAM

Is there a difference between Mb and MB?

tacticaltal

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Well, I think I know the problem. The Max file size is: 200Mb (200Mb = 25MB), and my video is 43.8MB. So, I guess it's the file SIZE that's the problem. How I cut it down, I don't know.

willem

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 am

tacticaltal wrote:
Well, I think I know the problem. The Max file size is: 200Mb (200Mb = 25MB), and my video is 43.8MB. So, I guess it's the file SIZE that's the problem. How I cut it down, I don't know.

Then you have to change the format (what is your format),,,I think you record and do no editing or such,,,when I record I do some editing in AVS and when I produce it I choose AVI format,,,

Willem

daryl

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:37 am

tacticaltal wrote:
Mb is the same as MB (like mpg is the same as MPG). So your 43.8Mb file size is not the problem. What software (and version) are you using to record the video from your Logitech camera? And what is the model number for your Logitech camera?

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am

daryl wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
Mb is the same as MB (like mpg is the same as MPG). So your 43.8Mb file size is not the problem. What software (and version) are you using to record the video from your Logitech camera? And what is the model number for your Logitech camera?
The camera model # is HD720p. I'm using just the camera to record, as it has a mic built in.

Darryl, from what I've read, Mb means megabit, while MB is megabyte: 2 different sizes. I think 1B contains 8 bits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_rate_ ... ix:_b_vs_B

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

willem wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:

Then you have to change the format (what is your format),,,I think you record and do no editing or such,,,when I record I do some editing in AVS and when I produce it I choose AVI format,,,

Willem
Willem, I've not been doing any editing, as far as software is concerned, but after I record, I change the format from wma to mp4 and wmv. I haven't tried to convert to AVI.

Terry

Lavallee

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm

tacticaltal wrote:
Always On My Mind

My second attempt at this. Let me know what you think.

I tried to speed it up so I could get it in at (3:00), but I don't know if I did it.

This is about as close as I can get it so far, so let me know what you think. :)

Oh, I already said that :D

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
Nice playing Terry, not a fan of Willie Nelson, but ai can see that youhave the habit of playing the melody with the chords. I haveto work on that.

Marc

daryl

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 pm

tacticaltal wrote:
daryl wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
The camera model # is HD720p. I'm using just the camera to record, as it has a mic built in.

Darryl, from what I've read, Mb means megabit, while MB is megabyte: 2 different sizes. I think 1B contains 8 bits
Hi Terry, The wikipedia reference appears to be talking about data rates and not file sizes. File sizes are always referred to in BYTES. So your 43.8 megabyte file is well within the 200 megabyte size limit.

Regarding your HD720p Logitech camera: I think the HD720p is your camera's video resolution (e.g. 1280 × 720 HD-Ready). Is there any other descriptor on the camera? Like C270 or C510 or C525 etc. Did you get any software with the camera? Like a configuration or setup executable? Is there a Logitech folder in the Control Panel that you could look into?

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:19 pm

daryl wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
daryl wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:

Hi Terry, The wikipedia reference appears to be talking about data rates and not file sizes. File sizes are always referred to in BYTES. So your 43.8 megabyte file is well within the 200 megabyte size limit.

Regarding your HD720p Logitech camera: I think the HD720p is your camera's video resolution (e.g. 1280 × 720 HD-Ready). Is there any other descriptor on the camera? Like C270 or C510 or C525 etc. Did you get any software with the camera? Like a configuration or setup executable?
Daryl, appreciate your help. Let me check out what I've got. I did use a CD to download the setup, drivers and whatnot. Let me check it out, and I'll update you.

Terry

daryl

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 pm

tacticaltal wrote:
daryl wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
daryl wrote:

Regarding your HD720p Logitech camera: I think the HD720p is your camera's video resolution (e.g. 1280 × 720 HD-Ready). Is there any other descriptor on the camera? Like C270 or C510 or C525 etc. Did you get any software with the camera? Like a configuration or setup executable?
Daryl, appreciate your help. Let me check out what I've got. I did use a CD to download the setup, drivers and whatnot. Let me check it out, and I'll update you.

Terry
See if there is a Logitech folder in the Control Panel that you could look into.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic