Busking A Lead Solo

AcousticAl

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 am

Great uploads Kev and Tony! Enjoyed them both.

Kev- sweet guitar! And nice work on a tough song.

Tony- that guitar would sound good anywhere- even a.. bathroom!
But if you learned the song from Neil's lesson- then you might be in the same boat as me and need to transpose it.
Isn't Neil's lesson it the key of A (if I remember correctly?)

michelew

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am

Aaaah guys, Kev and Tony, great to see your videos! :) :)

Kev' , you sounded very cool, also enjoyed your giggles at the end, haha! :laugh:

Tony, I thought you did quite well on an acoustic, especially the bends, doing those on an electric is way easier, well done!!

Thanks for sharing guys!

Ness

Lavallee

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:33 am

Guys it is really fun you are keeping up with Daryl' s challenge.

Nice playing Kev, finger style like Knopfler. looks very promising, you have the groove of the song, I like the crunch sound.

Tony great solo, not easy on acoustic and it is coming out very nice. All this blues work you have been doing brings the same coolness in other songs.

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am

Kevin, nice little look into your project, an intriguing video ... got me curious to see what's next !

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Tony, are playing in a padded cell?! :-)
No fair, you got padded walls in your cell ? Maybe if I got a little agitated, they'd give me some here too.
But at least, "they" know that guitar is great therapy :side:

Tony, this flows nicely ... did you find that your recent Blues fretboard-walking helped you do it faster than expected ?

[Edit] I just noticed that Marc made the Blues reference ... he posted that while I was typing mine ... "Great minds think alike"!

Pierre

tovo

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Hey Chris, sometimes I think a padded cell would suit me well, but no, just my bathroom as it was the only place I could find some quiet! :)

Thanks Willem, Al. Yes the original is in the key of A.

Thanks Ness very much.

Marc and Pierre I absolutely think that the blues work I am doing significantly helps with acoustic, particularly with bends and slides. I do feel that I am picking up progressions a bit faster than I have previously as a result.

BobR

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi Kevin,

Nice to see you and real nice guitar work too. I see your trademark pick but it's not red :laugh:

Hi Tony,

Very well done and as Vanessa mentioned much harder to do the bends on the acoustic so your electric will be like "butter"

Thanks for sharing

Bob

michelew

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 am

Lavallee wrote:
To follow up with Daryl's challenge to give a try on the Something solo, I decided to add the strumming section to play the whole thing at once. I added my voice which is a definite step down from the original :)(but John is giving the count down) , of course, but I am still trying to improve on that aspect. The solo that Daryl played was a match to the original, I am not there yet but I learning new stuff every time I try. Any suggestion will be welcome.
Marc

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
Sorry for being late Marc, I'm playing catch up. I really enjoyed watching you tackle this. I KNEW Daryl was underplaying how difficult it is, cheeky man that HE is. :P

I really liked the way you combined the lead and rhythm parts especially and as always you sound SO cool when you sing.

Way to go all round. Loved it!

Shel

michelew

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:29 am

dekotaj wrote:
Happy New year!!!!

I've enjoyed watching the busking solos so much I thought I should put one up also???

Thanks for watching.
Kev
Hey Kev my man, it doesn't matter what you touch you make it sound cool even when it's still cooking a little, ... Maybe that's the secret, you're always cookin' with gas. :)

Good stuff. Inspirational stuff. :) classic song.

Shel

michelew

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 am

tovo wrote:
Not electric and not even the same key, but Daryl you inspired me to learn this solo so thank you very much. You have been a constant support to me and I very much appreciate that. I hope you like what I am doing here. I had to seek the solace of my bathroom to escape my (very) noisy kids! :)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
OK who's trying to show how buff they are??

Very nice Tony.

M.

dekotaj

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Chris and Al

Thank you gentleman,for giving a look,and the kind words.

Tony,Bravo!! Good job!Great spot to get away from the kids.My kids never got near that room when I was in it!!! HA HA!!

Thanks Ness.Ya Suzi Packers stop my Bears from going to the play offs this year.The Bears(from Illinois)and the packers from(Wisconsin)are the biggest rival in football,are at least the longest.So I can help from give Miss Suzi a little jab when I get to.But she is real good about jab back at me.

Marc-Thank you Sir

Pierre-Thank you.What is next.A couple of Santana.And then a few more Allman Brothers.On electric guitar,on acoustic more of the same a couple more Croce and some Dan Fogelberg.I keep voting for your son.

Thanks Bob.Yes I tried to glue that red pick to a thumb pick for strumming,But it was a no go.Still looking to find a way to hold on to a pick with out it moving all over the place.

My SWEET lady.Thank you for the kind words.See ya Sis.

Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic