Busking A Lead Solo

Catman

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 am

Marc, that looked and sounded like a lot of fun!

Kudos

Lavallee

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:14 am

Thank you Daryl, great idea you had, definitely a fun song to learn. I never thought of trying it and I would have given up on the lead right off the bat. I am glad I tried as there are some good bends and the rhythmic exercise is excellent. For the walk down I followed partly the tab of song I had (which is really only good on the solo) , but there is Paul section and the first one was 5-4-3-2-1-0 on the first string, but the second part you refer to , I saw a good cover on you tube where he was doing on the 2nd string 3-2-1-0 then on the 6th 4-3 slide 8th (on Paul section of my tab is 8-7-5-3-1-0 (as you are saying) then 3 on the second string (which is the slide on 8th of the first string).

The 2 chords are a F6 bar first 2 strings first fret and finger on second fret second string, then slide to third fret (G6 I guess).

I would like to know what you used to have the perfect sound for the guitar on your video. I have a Boss ME-70 effect pedal, but I could find the tonality you had.

Thank you Tony, one thing that have helped me a lot to acquire the notes of the solo is from Daryl' s suggestion to use Reaper at lower speed which keeps keeps the sound of notes undistorted. I started to memorized the solo and setup the speed to half so that I could follow the tab at the same time. I agree that this not the way to learn to solo, you have the right way , try to improve by adding learned licks on a rhythm. But at least it give some guide lines to learn some licks.

Thank you Willem, Hope you had a good Christmas day

Thank you Chris, I love electric guitar, not as much as acoustic (probably because I do not know much about it still) but you can play stuff that is nearly impossible to play on acoustic. Definitely something to have at home. All my best to Ale, does she enjoys playing guitar?

Thank you Craig, sure had fun learning it.

Hi David, looking forward to your next video, that first one was really good.

Marc

dekotaj

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:23 am

What a Great song. But then again, not sure they wrote a bad one.

BRAVO!!! Marc. A very nice job on it all the way around. Thank you,really enjoyed watching you play.

Kev

daryl

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 am

Hi Marc, I've put up some plugins in my dropbox for you. I'll send you an email on what to do with them.

Lavallee

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:56 am

Thank you Kevin, you are right they are greatest

Hi Daryl, got the stuff from dropbox, thanks

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi there, I haven't had much "quality" time for TG these last weeks, so I stumbled into this thread and was kind of amazed :blink:

Very musical and enjoyable playing guys ... Marc, you sure learn fast ...

Good stuff !
Pierre

Lavallee

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks Pierre, learning fast is one thing, playing well , not as fast :)

Marc

BobR

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Marc,

That was just a fabulous performance all around. :woohoo: Way to rise to Daryl's challenge

Bob

Happy New Year

tacticaltal

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Really very nice, Marc. How long did you work on that before uploading?

~terry

tombo1230

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Nice Mark, that sounded great! B)

Tom N

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic