Busking A Lead Solo

Lavallee

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks Bob, you should give it a try, I have seen you play and you pick better than I. Happy New Year to you too.

Hi Terry, I worked on it about a week and half -2 weeks. At my level of lead, finding or understanding the right bend, bend and release, prebend, etc.. are what take most of the effort. I cannot improvise like Tony or Bear do because I do not practice scales. So I have to memorize from tabs (finding the right one takes a while too). This one is very melodic, so it is easier to remember as you always have the melody to help. For some others, there are some fills that do not make always sense until you play it fast. Those takes a long time to remember.

Thank you Tom, plenty of room to improve, but there are plenty of songs to practice

Happy New Year to everybody

Marc

drfuji

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:49 am

Ah way to go Marc, many kudos for the whole thing, lead playing, rhythm-playing, singing!!! :cheer:

Very good job!!! :) :)

Ness

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Hey there Marc,

just caught this- really enjoyed it!
You seemed relaxed and comfortable with it.

I downloaded the same tracks from Daryl and haven't really had a chance to work on anything yet.
I learned the chords from Neil's lesson- which are a different key than what the song was released in.
So I know the chords but it will take me a while to figure out/transpose the lead to match.

Anyway- happy new year and good to see you again!

Lavallee

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks Ness, you can jump in anytime with any comments on how to improve.

HI Al, thanks for the comment. If you are interested by the solo tab (slightly different than Daryl) unless you want to do it in a different key, I could e-mail back to you (GP6). However I changed provider a few months ago and I lost all my contacts and old E-Mails. so if you are interested by the tabs just mail me back at [email protected].

Marc

snipe

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Marc,
good work!! Cary on sir. Just curious, does any Dickey Betts stuff interesy you?

Lavallee

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Mike, good to hear from you, we are due for one of does great post from you. I know Betts is (was) part of the Allman's Brothers especially on the slide. Would love to do his stuff, but it is 20000 leagues over my head. I have Sirius radio in my car and they play a lot of the Allman`s . They were so great and a fantastic signature sound. . Still, I am curious, do you have anything in mind, or are working on some of their stuff?

Marc

snipe

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Marc,
Im thinking of tackling blue sky. will take a little time. lot of rythem guitar going on in it so i dont how to put it all together. Im pretty sure i can get the lead down after awhile but nut sure about the rest of it? my recording skills are lame. Is that an epiphone( or a gibson) your playing?
how do u like it? I have been playing a telecaster black top lately and really like it. Been workin on Zepp and Doobies

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Hello Daryl.

Good to see this video,verry good playing.
Maby the next time a totall picture from you,(movie).
Thanks for sharing.......and a happy new year.

cheers Anton

dekotaj

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Happy New year!!!!

I've enjoyed watching the busking solos so much I thought I should put one up also???

Thanks for watching.
Kev

snipe

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Looks like its coming along nicely. Kudos for working on this one. To capture all the nuances will be a chor to say the least.
Really nice guitar. What are the details? Thanks for showing your work.
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic