Busking A Lead Solo

daryl

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:05 pm

I’m thinking that I might try to learn the bass part to this song and put up a video playing all 3 guitar parts (and use a proper phantom singer as well)…..we’ll see. But in the meantime, I thought I’d upload a video with just the lead bits to egg all you electric rockers out there (Tony, Michele, Marc, Dennis, Joe, Kevin, et.al.) to maybe try your hand at a lead solo. Heck, do the lead to this song and show me what I’m doing wrong. It’s a great little solo, and a good exercise in bending and vibrato. If anyone is interested in using my backing track PM me and we can make arrangements. I am also playing the rhythm in this video, Paul is on bass, Ringo is on drums, and George Martin scored the orchestra for me! ;)

Lavallee

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Good playing and fun challenge, Daryl. The solo is fun and relatively easy (for you, not for me yet) and your strumming is very rhythmic. Did you try to emulate the original strumming or have you put your own mustard. I would like to have the track and the tab and give it a try. If you are doing something wrong, I cannot see, hear, feel it. You know where to reach me.

Marc

daryl

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks Marc. The solo is relatively easy (for you too). I've put the .mogg file in my dropbox. Please please please give it a shot. I have no tab for the solo but there are only a few notes in it and hopefully you can see them in my video. If you have a question about it just PM me. The rhythm is just my rhythm. I suppose I'm attempting to emulate the original a bit but I also just "do my thing" when it comes to rhythm. Looking forward to your upload.

Lavallee

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:44 pm

I will get the file , when I get back on Sunday. It will take while to have something post-able .

Marc

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Daryl:

I always thoroughly enjoy your posts. You are quite a good player, and your uploads are very well done. Those little solos are a lot of fun. I did few a while back. Certainly not as good as yours, nor good enough to post... ;)

I worked out the super short little solo for "Just Remember I love You" by Firefall, and the two solos for "I love You" by Climax Blues Band. I swear I was not on a "Love" kick, it was just a funny coincidence.... :silly:

daryl

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Jason, That's the beauty of doing uploads.....they force one to play better. Give your solos another try.

michelew

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Hey Daryl,

Your lead is very cool. The vibrato and bends sound great. I really liked your rhythm guitar too.

I'd love to see you playing and singing all the parts. I'd love to see your face in each of those parts too. I know you can do it. And hey I'm sure the camera lens didn't crack and the ugly police didn't come knocking or send you a please cut your head out next time notice. Being only able to see your chin or a little of your face is really distracting. You've got a nice face, use it. :) :)

Cool, cool lead.

Shel

dennisg

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:20 pm

The soloing in the song may be sparse, but George does it perfectly with not one extraneous note. You do it perfectly, too, Daryl. Very nicely done. Your tonality is flawless.

Watching you relax and examine your nails in between solo parts reminded me of something I saw on TV about 30 or so years ago:

tombo1230

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Well Daryl (Harrison) :) that was just like the original. B) Good work! I look forward to the full triple whammy video with eagerness. :)

Tom N.

daryl

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 pm

michelew wrote:
Hey Daryl,

Your lead is very cool. The vibrato and bends sound great. I really liked your rhythm guitar too.

I'd love to see you playing and singing all the parts. I'd love to see your face in each of those parts too. I know you can do it. And hey I'm sure the camera lens didn't crack and the ugly police didn't come knocking or send you a please cut your head out next time notice. Being only able to see your chin or a little of your face is really distracting. You've got a nice face, use it. :) :)

Cool, cool lead.

Shel
We'll see.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic