Busking NEIL DIAMOND

MarkM

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Great adaptation Bud!!! I really enjoyed this. I had a guitar in Open G beside me when I was listening. Capo'd it up a few frets and played along. Very cool. As always your videos are a pleasure to watch.

MarkM

michelew

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Buddy,

Great video. You sing it with beautiful feeling, your playing is really lovely and your presence and engagement really pulls the audience into the story and the emotion of the song.

I can imagine seeing this on a music video show, very nice use of black and white and shadow too.

Shel

buddy

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wow Bud, this is actually what I personally have been waiting for, performing wise this was really great and the best video I've seen from you!!!! (oh wait, I also loved your vid with your wife, 'You've got a friend'. :) )

Don't know the song, but the open D-tuning sounds just fantastic, combined with your vocals, I really enjoyed it, way to go Bud!!! :cheer:

Ness
Ness, Thanks for the comments and the feedback. Really glad you enjoyed this old classic tune.

Bud

buddy

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy, I agree with everyone here that your voice was just perfect for singing this great Neil Diamond song. My daughter Claire is a huge Neil Diamond fan, I can't wait to let her hear this. You sang this lovely song with great feeling, well done! :) One of your best. Your guitar sounded so rich in open D tuning.

Tom N.
Tom, Thanks so much for the kind words. Let me know what your daughter things as she obviously has good taste because she is a Neil Diamond fan :laugh:

buddy

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:33 pm

tovo wrote:
Bud your performances just get more and more professional. This is no exception.

I would have liked it to move along with a bit more tempo but that is a personal preference only and given the comments so far, I'm very much alone there. I couldn't do such a fine job I know that for sure.

Thanks a lot for the look.
Tony, Good to hear from you my man. Glad you enjoyed this. On the tempo, this version is significantly faster than the original so I was trying to find a happy medium. Thanks for the constructive input as it is always appreciated.

Bud

Lavallee

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Buddy, You have done some good ones before but I think this tops it . Your finger picking is excellent, guitar sounds great, but I think what comes out the most is how you control your voice now, like the soft play me at the end. Also like the black and white and the good interaction with the camera

Marc

buddy

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am

Craig wrote:
Buddy,
Great performance. Well played, well sung. Your Seagull sounds great in that tuning. I've always felt that Seagull's were under-rated. Nice job all the way around.

Craig
Thanks Craig the listening and your kind comments. I really agree with you on the Seagulls. I got that cedar top Seagull for $250 from Guitar Center and I am always amazed at how good it sounds and how well it plays.

Bud

buddy

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:33 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Buddy... I love this song and I liked the D tuning, very nice! This is one I'd suggest you step back a little on the vocal power... just a little and I think it will work even better.... you probably did step back already so just little more...
Chris
Chris, Thanks for listening and your comments as well. Merry Christmas !

buddy

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 pm

yamaha48 wrote:
Hi Bud.

Great upload my friend,from the good old day's.
I think that we have the same Seagull guitar,sounds loud and clear.
I'm bizzy with Dust in the wind,sounds realy good on the seagull.
Good guitar for finger picking.
cheers........Anton
Thanks Anton, Looking forward to your new post on Dust in the Wind.

Bud

buddy

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:40 am

dekotaj wrote:
Bravo Bud,

Sang and played great as always.Enjoy watching play and sing.Thank you.

Kevin
Thanks a bunch Kevin !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic