Busking Doc Watson

dekotaj

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey Lynn. BRAVO!!!

Deep river blues,What a great song by one heck of a guitar player. Cant help but tap your feet when Doc is playing. Found myself doing the same watching you play.Great job and why to go for a first post. Hoping there will be more to come. Happy holidays to you and yours.

Kevin

buddy

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Lynn, Howdy and welcome aboard TG. Enjoyed your playing of this tune.

Bud

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Lynn, it sounded really good. I hope you can get the uploading done. As far as the .mov, if I recall correctly, that it was an accepted file. Maybe you could try uploading with the mov anyway, if you haven't done so yet. Ignore what it says, or doesn't say, about the file types.

~terry

dekotaj

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm

tacticaltal wrote:
Lynn, it sounded really good. I hope you can get the uploading done. As far as the .mov, if I recall correctly, that it was an accepted file. Maybe you could try uploading with the mov anyway, if you haven't done so yet. Ignore what it says, or doesn't say, about the file types.

~terry
It might work for you,never has for me.It dose say it will accept mov. But after several try I just stopped trying to down load stuff and just paste and copy from you-tube.But good luck with it.

Kevin

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm

dekotaj wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:

~terry
It might work for you,never has for me.It dose say it will accept mov. But after several try I just stopped trying to down load stuff and just paste and copy from you-tube.But good luck with it.

Kevin
Kevin,

I've never tried to upload a .mov. I have, however, been uploading .wav thought it doesn't include that as a possible file. It uploads anyway. That's all I was saying.

~terry

tovo

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Hey Lynn, great video first up, I really enjoyed it.

OK this file format thing is dead easy to fix. Take the extension that is .mov and change it to .mp4 Your Mac will ask, do you want to use mp4? and you will click "bet your ass I do!"....if that doesn't come up...then just click "yes". I guarantee the file will open (and upload) no problem with mp4. Also be aware that the uploader takes quite a while. Don't click on anything while you are waiting. Go away, make a coffee or whatever and let it do its thing.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if there is an issue.

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Lynn, great video first up, I really enjoyed it.

OK this file format thing is dead easy to fix. Take the extension that is .mov and change it to .mp4 Your Mac will ask, do you want to use mp4? and you will click "bet your ass I do!"....if that doesn't come up...then just click "yes". I guarantee the file will open (and upload) no problem with mp4. Also be aware that the uploader takes quite a while. Don't click on anything while you are waiting. Go away, make a coffee or whatever and let it do its thing.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if there is an issue.
Tony, is that available for PC as well?

tovo

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:08 am

tacticaltal wrote:
Tony, is that available for PC as well?
Terry if you change the extension to .mp4 then windows media player will play it no problem.

auntlynnie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I really appreciate the enthusiasm.

I will try converting the .mov file to .mp4 as Tovo described, and hopefully get this figured out.

Cheers,

Lynn

Catman

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 am

Great video Lynn!

I must say that I like the last part of the video (where you played around with the timing) better, it seems have an easier and more blues-ish flow.

I wasn't familiar with that particular song, but it's now high up on my to-learn list.

Cheers,
David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic