Busking Ragtime Songs

heyjoe

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:30 am

This is me playing a song called "Revision Rag". A while ago I realised that I wanted to concentrate on learning to play fingerstyle guitar. I've been practising a lot, and this is one of the tunes I've been working on.

I really like playing ragtime songs, because when you get it right, it sounds amazing.

This recording was done on a camcorder, and the guitar is running into my laptop, so the audio is recorded through my workstation. The sound is still a work in progress, as is the guitar playing, but its getting there.

Hope you enjoy

Joe

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dtaylor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 am

Joe,
Really enjoyed it, sweet sounds.

daryl

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Joe,

Really nice. I love ragtime stuff too. It's just really hard to play.

It looks like your audio and video are a little out of sync. What is your process for syncing the 2 files? I assume you used some kind of video editor and brought in the audio file.....

Daryl

willem

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 am

Keep them coming Joe,,it sounded great,,and ragtime is good stuff,,it swings..

Willem

buddy

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Joe, That was realy fun to watch. What guitar are you playing this on ?

tovo

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey Joe, massive kudos mate for the amount of work you have clearly put in to date. The tune you are playing reminds me a bit of "Nobody knows you when you're down and out", that Clapton did on his unplugged album. You're welcome for that little piece of useless info.

I have absolutely nothing useful to offer on this style except my support and encouragement. It seems to me that you are not far away from playing it really fluidly and well. The hard work sure pays off in the end mate. Great stuff, I really enjoyed watching your video and it's always great to see you post.

beaker

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey Joe, Yeah man! fantastic. Great song and playing, for sure. I agree with Tony, it is very reminiscent of Nobody Knows You When You Are Down And Out. Good one, Beaker.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:41 pm

The tune you are playing reminds me a bit of "Nobody knows you when you're down and out", that Clapton did on his unplugged album.
Tony
I thought the same! Very nice job Joe... you are making very solid progress... great stuff!

willem

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Well it's indeed very obvious that you've been practicing a lot, it sure is paying off, well done!

Keep going and you'll get even better! :)

Ness

tacticaltal

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Looks like you've put a lot of practise in on this, I like the base runs, and you done well. It looks like your reading the Tab while playing, and I hear that's a oood thing. I also agree witht he others on the Clapton sound.

Thanks, Joe, and kee 'em coming.

~terry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic