Busking Extreme

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 am

I've just uploded this for review. I'm reproducing it here, for Daryl and my other TG buddies who don't currently have a TARGET subscription for various reasons. :)

Hi TG-ers,

It’s been a while since I’ve put something up for review. This is something I’ve been working on for quite a while and it’s probably as good as it will get in front of the camera for the moment.

I welcome any advice you have for me, seriously; well except asking me whether I’ve considered joining TV is sort of obvious. :)

On watching this I realised that my hits peter out after a reasonable start, I found that they were better when I strike the top of the sound hole (nearest the nut). So that’s something I’ll definitely be conscious of. I know I need to keep working on the transitions to the Cm and the Bm as well, I find it hard to land them cleanly in front of the camera and I need to work out a better cue for changing the fingering for the A7 so that I can play the diminished chord (which I love).

I’m playing against the album slowed down because I can’t play and sing it yet, and I find that I get lost and distracted without the words.

OK. that’s it.

Thanks.

Shel

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 am

Again WOW AND BRAVO!!

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 am

Me too! Agáin VERY GREAT job!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :P

Catman

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:46 am

Very nice!

Looking forward to more

-David

daryl

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:54 am

Very impressive! You sure have come a long way! Five solid minutes of singing and playing in front of the camera (with coolness and acoustic finesse)! Your vocals were great. Your range and control have greatly improved. And your playing....WOW. "More Than Words" is not an easy song to play. I bow to you. Great job!!!!! The only thing you could do to improve this song is to try to sing the harmony vocal.

BTW Thanks for thinking of me!

lueders

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Michele, You Rock!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You played that better Nuno B.!!
And the singing, nice...I would think that would be hard to do both at the same time.
You're just everywhere these days, Michele. Uke, Bass, Electric...you're a force to be reckoned with.
Well, no reckoned necessary, since you are a sweet non-hostile. Lol. But you know what I mean.

Superberino!!

Cori

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 pm

WOW right back atchya all. It was REALLY GREAT reading these comments. :)

Willem - I guess you really did like it since you commented twice. :) thanks for returning, you can never have too many WOWs. ;)

Nessa - Your comment on the review post blew me away. Seeing another capitalised comment from you REALLY put a smile on my face. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :) :) :)

David - thanks, I'm glad you liked it. It's a great song.

Daryl - thanks so much for you GREAT comment. It really made me feel good. I actually did consider doing the harmony or asking a friend to do it, but I was at the stage where I wanted to get it posted. It would have taken me a little while to properly hear and then reproduce it (actually I think there might be a couple of others in there too, in the background). I always sing the line I've included, so ... Besides I figured that it's about the playing primarily and having something good enough for review. I actually panned the vocals (right?) so you can take them out if you want to just listen to the playing. And you're welcome. Thanks for your enthusiastic response :) :) :)

Cori - you never fail to put a smile on my face sweet man. I LOVE your enthusiasm and you're one of the most supportive and sweet people here. OK we are rich in sweet supportive people at TG, but yours also brings a delightful, quirky attitude and sense of humour. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Playing different instruments is LOTS of fun as you well know and it's sort of addictive. :) the danger of course is feeling like you're a single piece of toast worth of peanut butter that's been spread over half a loaf of bread. :). I guess it just takes longer to get to the same level that you would have if you'd concentrated on a single one. But...where's the fun in THAT!!! :) :) :) superberino :) :) I haven't heard that one before. I'm of course hoping that we might see an upload from you soon. Thanks

Thanks everyone!

Shel

snipe

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Awesome job. Thought it was Great!
Mike

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks Mike. :)

auntlynnie

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Shel,
Good work. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the song, but I enjoyed your performance. You seem very comfortable and natural in front of the camera. I didn't notice the transition issues you mentioned, but I know what you mean about getting it right when the camera is on...it changes everything! Quite a challenge, but it looks like you are doing fine.
Thanks for posting this.
:)
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic