Busking Van Halen

Rod

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 pm

snipe wrote:
Looking really good!!!!!
Would like to know what you are using to learn it?

Mike
Hey Mike

Using a tab book and playing the mp3 in Transcribe to slow down the phrases. I broke it up into 4 sections. Then its just bar by bar really slowly till you nail it
and build up speed really slow till you have one section down. Then move on to the next section and eventually join them together. That's where I was in this video joining the tapping section at the end. Some of the phrases in section 3 are a nightmare 1:06 - 1:19, that's the part just before the tapping section.
Oh yeah and from 31 - 43

Eddie's a real free playing guitarist and some of the licks just can't be put in the context of the key. He starts on the right note and ends on the right note and plays at the speed of light in between. Think he described it once as falling down the stairs and landing on his feet.
I was learning some of his other stuff and he seems to use symmetrical shape rather that just sticking to a scale, for the fast stuff anyway.
Great guitarist and Eruption is one of those milestones for guitarists playing in that genre.

Hope you enjoyed, It was a lot of work. Recently I been working on Stevie Ray Vaughan so I might get some more clips up.

--
Cheers Rod...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic