Busking Everly Brors

Hydroman52

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Here is a version of the Everly Brothers tune Bye Bye Love. This was done about a year and a half ago (June 2011). We are using a drum track for backing, and the drummer that we laughingly fire at the end of the video is non-existent. Actually, we thought there was another measure at the end, so it was our screw-up.

I don’t know how long we had been working on it when we recorded this. The guitar is a Martin 000-28EC tuned to Open G. It has a bridge pick-up, but it doesn’t appear that it was plugged into the PA. I guess I just overlooked it, so all the guitar noise was passing through a Shure SM57 on my mic stand. After watching this again, I’m thinking that we hadn’t been playing it for very long, because I miss a whole bunch of cues on the singing and some of the fills that should have been in there. I won’t even mention the sour chord near the beginning . . . . sheez! Switching between standard tuning and Open G tuning tends to confuse me a bit.

We have reworked this song a bit since then, and it was my intention to record the new version and upload that one instead. But we keep getting busy learning new songs and our time seems to be burned up doing all that. One time this last summer, I had the camera all set up, and we played the new version, but I got distracted and forgot to press the record button. Oh, well.

Hope you can get something useful out of this.

Hydroman52

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm

That was fun! What a great song. I thought the rhythm guitar came through quite well. Good work on the harmonies. And it sucks when there isn't enough time in the day to do all that you want. :-( Love seeing videos from you guys. Keep them coming!

sbutler

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 am

Fun, fun, fun. Sounds pretty good to.

Thanks for sharing.
SCott

michelew

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am

You guys always look like you're having a ball. That was fun. Thanks for letting us sit on the carpet and listen.

:)

Hey Kev's got drumsticks now. :)

Shel

willem

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:31 am

michelew wrote:
You guys always look like you're having a ball. That was fun. Thanks for letting us sit on the carpet and listen.

:)

Hey Kev's got drumsticks now. :)

Shel

Thats what I was going to say,,,,,,,,,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,,it sure was fun,,,

kelemenj

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 am

That was a joy to watch. Great job on the harmonies as well.
John

dekotaj

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

BRAVO!!!! GUYS.

Those damn drummers,got to keep a eye on them all the time.Great song guys and very will done.Enjoyed it very much.Looking forward to more.

Thanks
Kev

BobR

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi Guys,

That was a lot of fun to listen to and watch.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

tovo

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm

I really enjoyed that old tune and your version. Great stuff guys.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 am

Always great to hear you guys having a fun time!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic