Collaboration of Something

daryl

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 am

So I learned me the bass part. Talk about a lot of fun to play! Michele (and anyone else with a bass….Vanessa) should give it a shot. It really isn’t difficult. It’s just a lot of slight variations on the basic couple of ‘licks’ throughout the song. I got Ringo to drum, George to count-in, and my favorite singer to sing for me.

I think it sounds best through headphones…..

dennisg

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Absolute perfection on all five parts! Congratulations, Daryl ... you should be hugely proud of this effort.

Just a side note: watching your bass line reminds me how undervalued Paul was as a bass player. He wasn't fast, loud, or explosive like John Entwistle -- he just played the most melodic bass lines in the business.

willem

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Daryl Great,,just great,,including your Face... :laugh: just great,, B)

Willem

BobR

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi Daryl,
Unfortunately it tells me the video is not available :(

Music Junkie

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Daryl:

That was fun to watch. You even have a bass that looks like the one Paul used to play (yours is backwards though.... ;) ).

Great job!

J

michelew

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Claire and the handsome trio,

That was freakin' awesome! WOW!

Claire your vocals were gorgeous as always. I love hearing you sing.

Daryl - you've been a busy, busy man. WOW! The electric part is really expressive and sensitive, you're a good role model for the less is more approach. I love the bends and vibrato. The strumming is rock steady and you make it look so easy. The bass was perfect, again no sweat and the movement is great to listen to. The Bestles bass sure looks like fun to play too. All the parts are fabulous. Then you mix it all together and it just becomes so much more than the sum of its parts. This is a great collaboration.

And to top it all off, we get to see your sweet face. Yeh!!!! :) :) :) Since you've totally trashed your witness protection gig now, there's no going back. I love seeing your cool guitar faces, so keep bringing them to the party.

I really enjoyed this Daryl. You've done a great job.

Shel

Xxx

tombo1230

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Great job Daryl!
Well done Claire!! :)

Tom N.

tovo

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Daryl,

This has all come together really beautifully. It sure helps to have a very good singer along for the tune and your various parts are really nice. I've had a relationship with this tune for a long while and was thrilled to learn the lead with your prompting and encouragement. I really enjoyed this and it shows your skills off really well. Congrats to you my friend.

sbutler

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 pm

We have had a lot, (and I mean a LOT) of really great uploads. This has to be one of the best.

I have no idea how one puts all those parts together. (yes, I'm techno challenged) but I'm really impressed Daryl.

And Clair, wholly buckets, you are too good for us to not hear your voice about once a week. Yep, I recon once a week would do for starters. :)

Really quality stuff guys. Thanks so much.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Fabulous! Absolutely.

That is so well done and put together guys, stand up and take a bow. Daryl, this has to be the best yet and that's saying something. Beautifully sung and harmonised by Claire. The only thing that could have capped it would have been playing that bass left handed!

Congratulations both of you.

PS: Paul wasn't underestimated by himself, Dennis... when asked who his favourite bass player was a while back, he answered, himself!! Uff!

PPS: Scott, not technical? You're a pilot!! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic