Busking Kiss

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

I recorded "Beth" in this key, and another version a step lower a while ago. I wasn't sure if I'd upload either- but Suzi said she liked this one, so here it is. So you have her to thank (or blame:)

Just a bit of multi-tracking on this one for fun.

I should have edited a bit, so excuse the sniff off the top. And if you listen really closely- you'll hear 'he who shall not be named' chime in at the very end!!! Grr.

Cheers!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

buddy

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Cracking good job on this tune Al, vocals and guitar sound great.

Bud

Music Junkie

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Al:

That was an outstanding cover. I have looked at this song many times over the last few years, but have just never been able to put it together. Beth and Hard Luck Woman are two of my favorites on the softer side of KISS. I am smiling from ear to ear after watching this twice.... B)

Excellent work, as always!

Jason

familyman4

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Very nice Al! I had my lighter out and waving in the air with this one. Takes me back to a younger me :)

I likes the doubled tracks for the harmonies and your playing was very good. Everyone seems to be taking recording skills to a higher level around here..

Thanks for posting!

BobR

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi Al,

So, do I say thanks to Suzi now :laugh:

Seriously though, that was really good. I love the way you do your harmonies and multi tracks and your guitar playing ain't too shabby either. :woohoo:

great job

Bob

Craig

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Nice job Al! Very well played and sung. Good to see a post from you again.
Craig
P.S. just out of curiosity, how long have you been working on that one?

lueders

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm

WOW!!! Darn you sing well. I guess maybe I was forgetting how well. I'd give anything to be able to do that.
And as always...very solid playing. Working from a tab or ear? A combination of both? Just curious...this might be a fun one to take a stab at.

Great Job, Al

tovo

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am

What were you thinking Suzi? Geez!

Just kidding my man, that was awesome. Loved it. Not a big fan of the fellows with makeup, but like MJ I think that Beth and Hard Luck Woman (what sort of a name is Rags?) are cool tunes. You did a cracking job on this. You do have a really pleasant voice.

coomba

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 am

Hi Al
That was really good.Your guitar playing was crystal clear and your vocals are great.
Very impressive.
Cheers
Scott

willem

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:43 am

That was beautiful,,your always a big inspire,,

I think you must start your own band and they have to follow you in your repetoir..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic