Busking Kiss

michelew

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 am

Very nice Al. I love all the vocals too.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 am

No way that's a KISS cover until you've got make-up on and your tongue sticking out Al!! :woohoo:

Well, ok. And it was really nicely played and sung. Nice job, Al.

daryl

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 am

Nice touch with the 2nd guitar bits. And the vocal harmonies weren't too shabby either. Don't you have a bass guitar yet? ;-)

tombo1230

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 am

Terrific job Al. I honestly have never heard this song before, but loved what you did with it. Great vocals, harmonies and the guitar playing was well under your control.

It's funny but everytime I hear you sing you remind me of Paul Simon. B) :)

Tom N.

kelemenj

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 am

Great job on the vocals, playing, and overdubs. Original song choice as well. Very enjoyable!
John

dekotaj

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 am

Hey Brother Al.

BRAVO!!! What a great song.Didn't know it was by Kiss.But always like the tune.I still remember the first time I heard you sing,Neil Young if I'm not mistaking.Thought you hand been sandbagging us all.I'll have to go with Suz on this one.(Great Job) both playing and the vocals were great.So if the credit goes to Suzie (Bravo Suz). Always a fan,looking forward to your next performance Al.

Kev
P.S. Hey Suzie when can we expect your next performance??? Been awhile.

snipe

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 am

Really good job!
Mike

dennisg

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm not familiar with this song, Al, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention. There are a lot of things you do in this song that I really love, one of which is your lead playing in the interlude, where you fit in the leads in between strums. That takes some practice to get that right and to maintain the tempo, and you do it perfectly. Really a fine job.

I think your voice has a Don McLean quality to it.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:09 pm

This is the first time I've had to respond.. Thanks to everyone who took the time to check out the upload and comment.

Bud- Appreciate the comment. Next time- Fire & Rain?

MJ- Glad you liked it. Not too tough a song in general. PM me if you want tab.

Bart- Careful with that lighter! Are they even still allowed at concerts? :laugh:

Bob- Thanks. I'm thinking back fondly to our mini-guitar-camp we had last year. Cheers!

Craig- Been at it for a few weeks. Should have probably waited to iron out more of the rough edges- but I didn't. ;)

Cori- Thank you for the compliment re. singing. I'm always flattered when people say they like my singing- as I never really see myself as 'a singer'.. More of a guitar player who can sing.. (and those that know me know I'm not fishing for further compliments about my singing). I do however, enjoy singing when the song is close to a manageable key for me.

Tony- I'm not a huge fan of Kiss in general either. And as I was creating this Kiss Busking Thread, I was wondering if anyone else would ever add something to it?? I guess time will tell.

Scott- Thanks for checking it out.

Willem- Interesting idea..

Michele- Glad you liked it. Was Kiss very big where you live?

Chris- Afraid I'd fall way short in the demonic-tongue department. I'll let you know if I ever raid Mrs. H's makeup drawer.. Never say never. :evil:

Daryl- Actually the 2nd (lower keyed) version I recorded of this had better harmonies in it. I'll send you a link if you want..

Tom- I'm getting that more & more now re. Paul Simon. Thanks for the compliment.

John- Thanks for the comment. And I've been enjoying your uploads as well.

Kev- Sandbagging? Meaning you thought I was a ringer? No. But I'll take that as a compliment as well.

Mike- Thanks. Been a while between uploads for you. Anything in the pipeline?

Dennis- Glad you noticed that about the lead playing. Very tough to get, and actually didn't do it as well as I know I can. But we all know what happens when the camera turns on. :S

suziko

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 am

You're welcome, everyone, for my HUGE part in making this happen! :) I don't know why Al was being so shy. He nailed this song, don't you think?

Al,

You're doing Peter Criss proud with your cover of this lovely song. I wonder if "Beth" was the first "power ballad?" Anyway, loved everything about this: your vocals, the frills you put in between chords, and your solo. I thought both your versions (in the two different keys) were great and I'm glad you finally decided to share them with everyone else. It seems pretty obvious that they all enjoyed this video as much as I did! :)

Cheers!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic