Busking "Hallelujah" (Rufus Wainwright)

sabathiel

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:41 am

Played on my all solid wood Australian made Cole Clark (AA grade Spruce top & Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides) Fat Lady 2AC. This acoustic cover is mainly based on the Rufus Wainwright piano version that appeared on the Shrek movie soundtrack ( but it's John Cale's version that appeared in the movie itself). I changed the "you" throughout the song with "ya" (which are on some versions such as the K.D. Lang's version but not the Rufus Wainwright's nor the John Cale's versions) because it rhymes better with "hallelujah".

[video size=100 width=480 height=360][/video]

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 am

Well done sabathiel, good job all round! Not sure where you're from (doesn't) sound like you are from down under but you had a definite southern hemisphere theme in there whith Tovo's hat and Chas' Clarke Kent guitar ;-). When the fat lady sings!
Congrats on joining the video poster's club and on singing too.
Chris

coomba

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 am

I liked it
Ive watched a couple of your up loads now and I really like your style.
Nice guitar too.
Cheers Scott

daryl

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:30 am

Good job. Everything sounded great!

I'm assuming that you weren't using the microphone that was behind you. I wonder what the combined sound would be like if you had also used that mic in that position.

Also, I wonder what the combined sound would be like if you recorded your guitar with a mic and directly plugged in.

Thanks for sharing.

tombo1230

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 pm

You did a fine job once again. Well done!

Tom N.

jayswett

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I love this song, and you did a great job with it. Well done.

sabathiel

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm

I thought I'd edit the title of the thread and change the name of the artist from its original composer, Leonard Cohen, to Rufus Wainwright as his version is the inspiration on which my guitar playing is based on. The Rufus Wainwright version uses piano only but I arpeggiate my guitar almost the same way the piano arpeggiates in the Rufus Wainwright version. For you guys who are not familiar with the piano Rufus Wainwright's version here is a Youtube link:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic