Challenge Board - calling all challengers and challenge seekers

willem

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Alright spooky women, I'm game! :) :P ;)

So I'll be competing with Bruce's level of 'sexy'??? Hahaha! :laugh: :laugh: Uhmmmm............ :dry: :S :blush: :P :laugh:

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:52 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:

So I'll be competing with Bruce's level of 'sexy'??? Hahaha! :laugh: :laugh: Uhmmmm............ :dry: :S :blush: :P :laugh:

YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) B) :) :) WOO HOO!!!!

suziko

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:02 pm

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) B) :) :) WOO HOO!!!!

Can't wait to see it!! :)

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

michelew wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Um, wasn't paying proper attention... what was the title? :huh:
Haha! Everyone's a comedian. 'prominent bass lines'. Well I guess it's whatever the first video poster makes it, which follows that basic concept. But, that's what I'm calling it if I get there first. ... Unless I come up with a better title of course.
So I've got an idea for making the challenges more obvious. We set the name of the band in the busking uploader as "Challenge - [subject of challenge]". So in this case the busking thread would end up being called "Busking Challenge - Prominent bass line"s. for example. Then the person who suggested it could record a very short video explaining the idea and rules of the challenge.

That way, anyone that wants to participate has the ground rules even if they haven't seen the challenge board entry and the person who issued the challenge has more time to put up their own contribution. I'm on my way to work now but if you can wait I'll record it late tonight.

However, I'm also happy if anyone else want to kick this one off before I get to it. I'll check before uploading of course.

I'm really happy to see that people like this idea. It should be a lot of fun. :) woo hoo! :) :) :)

Shel

suziko

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:49 pm

michelew wrote:
michelew wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Um, wasn't paying proper attention... what was the title? :huh:
Haha! Everyone's a comedian. 'prominent bass lines'. Well I guess it's whatever the first video poster makes it, which follows that basic concept. But, that's what I'm calling it if I get there first. ... Unless I come up with a better title of course.
So I've got an idea for making the challenges more obvious. We set the name of the band in the busking uploader as "Challenge - [subject of challenge]". So in this case the busking thread would end up being called "Busking Challenge - Prominent bass line"s. for example. Then the person who suggested it could record a very short video explaining the idea and rules of the challenge.

That way, anyone that wants to participate has the ground rules even if they haven't seen the challenge board entry and the person who issued the challenge has more time to put up their own contribution. I'm on my way to work now but if you can wait I'll record it late tonight.

However, I'm also happy if anyone else want to kick this one off before I get to it. I'll check before uploading of course.

I'm really happy to see that people like this idea. It should be a lot of fun. :) woo hoo! :) :) :)

Shel
Excellent idea, Shel!

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks Suz. Now I've got to get my video face on. :) what WAS I thinking? :).

suziko

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 am

suziko wrote:
Gosh does anyone remember the early TG competitions? Design a TG t-shirt, prepare a TG promotion video (the image of Al sitting in his dressing gown hassling some poor guitar teacher in the early hours of the morning still cracks me up). And then there's the compose a new song to an old progression challenge that Neil issued. Fun too. Stuart's video still gets me too.

Haha, this is too funny. I just posted in your other thread and linked to Stuart's competition video! Synchronicity, Shel! :) And, yes, I sure loved Al's video, where he wakes his instructor up in the middle of the night. I wonder if that's still somewhere on YT?

I love your zeal, Shel, and I will definitely give it more thought. I haven't posted a video in about a year, so maybe I should really consider doing one soon. Thanks for the kick in the pants, Shel!

Suzi
After having this conversation with Shel, I asked Al if he could manage to dig up a link to his old contest video, the theme of which was something like, "Create an Ad for TG." I bet some of you have never seen it, and it is definitely WORTH seeing! We sure do have some funny and talented people on our site. Enjoy!:

tombo1230

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:53 am

Thanks for posting this video Suzi. I hadn't seen this before and it is both brilliant and very funny! :laugh: :laugh:

Al.........that was special! :laugh: :laugh:

Tom N.

suziko

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 am

Whahahahaha! That was absolutely hilarious and brilliant!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Sue! :)

suziko

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am

You're welcome! i'm glad Al could find it. I really enjoyed watching it again! Too funny!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic