Challenge Board - calling all challengers and challenge seekers

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:26 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Um, wasn't paying proper attention... what was the title? :huh:
Haha! Everyone's a comedian. 'prominent bass lines'. Well I guess it's whatever the first video poster makes it, which follows that basic concept. But, that's what I'm calling it if I get there first. ... Unless I come up with a better title of course.

daryl

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 am

Busking Bass Lines?

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 am

daryl wrote:
Busking Bass Lines?
That looks like a question. But what are you asking? Whether that's the title of the busking thread?

Ok. My suggestion was anything that has prominent a bass line.

Remember the 3 or 4 chord thread? Well it morphed into a five or six-ish chord songs thread, so I say it's open to the poster's interpretation of what prominent bass line means. It could be a strong travis picking bassline if that's how you'd like to interpret it.

I say we take all comers. So prominent bass line elements is fine.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 am

Busking Bass Lines
Good title Daryl.

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 am

Don't forget that the uploader will put the word busking in front of the title.

OK I'm off to make ZZZZZZZZZEZZZs. Maybe I'll see some prominent bassline-ish elements of interpretation when I wake. :) :p :) B)

M

suziko

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 am

Suzi, Michele, I'm sure you would both agree that in an ideal world (such as this), Stuart's video should be accompanied by his lyrics

Thanks for posting those, Pierre! I was too lazy to type them out and couldn't easily cut and paste. It's probably helpful, especially as some people might consider Glaswegian English to be a different language all together :)

I like Shel's idea. One song that immediately springs to mind for me, but that I can't play OR sing well, is Bruce Springsteen's "Fire." But I do happen to know that a certain Dutch woman on this site can play and sing it quite well. I think she might also be a Bruce fan, so...... just an idea ;) I'll think more about songs that I could actually play. I loved Shel's version of The Joker (Steve Miller). That would fit nicely in this category as well.

Stuart- I'm very keen to hear what your idea for a "challenge" would be. Please- don't hold out on us! I'll even try to push myself to contribute, instead of foisting all the work off on others

:laugh:

suziko

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:49 am

How about: ... MOST (add your adjective) songs ?

[Edit]
... the MOST depressing songs ?

Or, possibly ... LEAST (add your adjective) songs ?

... Disco songs played in the LEAST disco way ?

Pierre

Hope you don't mind, Pierre, but I thought I'd copy and paste (cos it's easy- haha) this idea of yours into this thread. This seems like a really fun idea!!

Music Junkie

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
A prominent bassline....in honest, I can't think of one.... :dry: :S :blush:

Ideas? Suggestions?
Here is a bass line I have always enjoyed.....

Not overly prominent, but catchy as hell.... B)

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm

suziko wrote:
... I like Shel's idea. One song that immediately springs to mind for me, but that I can't play OR sing well, is Bruce Springsteen's "Fire." But I do happen to know that a certain Dutch woman on this site can play and sing it quite well. I think she might also be a Bruce fan, so...... just an idea ;) I'll think more about songs that I could actually play. I loved Shel's version of The Joker (Steve Miller). That would fit nicely in this category as well.
:laugh:
Now that's just TOOOOO spooky Suzi. I woke up thinking "Fire" for Ness. Of course Bruce has other band members so a collab or multitrack would probably be needed to pull it off properly. And I think Nessa is looking for a solo guitar, one woman band dealio I think. ...But, SPOOKY! Make sure that you just ignore all the embarrassing stuff while you're rattling around inside my head OK Suzi. :)

I'd LOVE to see you do The Joker. That would be really cooool. :)

suziko

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Oh, I've seen the song done plenty with just a singer and an acoustic guitar and it sounds great. It really doesn't need a lot of embellishment. Even Bruce does it fairly pared down. Though capturing THIS level of sexy might be tough: :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic