Challenge Number 2 - Answering Machine

reiver

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 pm

OK, people here is my challenge to you all. It is inspired by the clip below. I have no idea if it is genuine or not, it doesn't really matter. But can you do better?

There you have it - write and record a better answering machine message than Bruce Springsteen.

I know that we are not a community of prolific songwriters but surely we can all manage a couple of lines. They don't even have to rhyme. Make it as long or short as you like. Try as many different styles as you please. No rules - just have fun with it. Video would be nice but if you can't manage that an audio clip will do fine.

Stuart

suziko

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Haha!! I love this idea. You've got me thinking about what I could write....... :) :) :)

PS. Another bit of synchronicity!!! I just posted a different BS video!!

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Haha! Synchronicity indeed! :)

Sweet, kookie challenge Stu. Gosh... OK. You've got my head working already. Be fearless. ;)

This should be fun to see just how crazy folks can get.

Cool!

Shel

suziko

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Hey everyone! It's been so long since I posted a video, and what I've been working on lately (and hoping to post) has proven so tricky that I've begun to get discouraged about posting. I'm glad Shel came up with this new "challenge" idea, and Stu's idea of an "answering maching song" for some reason really piqued my interest. I sat down this morning and composed this little Blues-themed ditty. Hope you all enjoy it! And I'm hoping to see some videos soon from the rest of you! :) Suzi

The Nobody's Home Blues:

I woke up this morning, knew I had to say so long.
Woke up this morning, knew I had to say so long.
If it's you calling, baby,
Ain't nobody's home.

Ain't nobody home, ain't nobody home.
Can't answer the phone.
'Cos nobody's home.
If it's you calling baby,
I'll never be home.

sbutler

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 pm

suziko wrote:
Hey everyone! It's been so long since I posted a video, and what I've been working on lately (and hoping to post) has proven so tricky that I've begun to get discouraged about posting. I'm glad Shel came up with this new "challenge" idea, and Stu's idea of an "answering maching song" for some reason really piqued my interest. I sat down this morning and composed this little Blues-themed ditty. Hope you all enjoy it! And I'm hoping to see some videos soon from the rest of you! :) Suzi

Yee haw! that was fun. Thanks for that sly little grin at the end. Icing on the cake it was! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

daryl

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Yep. Sly grin. Fun. Nice lookin' guitar you got there too.

willem

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Well Suzy that was fun,,you don't believe it but me too was working on some blues ,,ringtone'' today..but I have to work it out more hearing your bluesy tune,,

Willem

tovo

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Sue I am thrilled to see this work from you, that is very, very good. How long have you been getting your blues on?? I see a level of confidence from you that is a quantum leap over where you were before. Not ability mind you, you always had that but all of sudden seemingly you are a confident and relaxed performer. I know it's a short clip but that is irrelevant. You played it just great. Clearly you have been doing some work!

Great idea for a thread Stuart.

michelew

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:44 pm

sbutler wrote:
suziko wrote:

Yee haw! that was fun. Thanks for that sly little grin at the end. Icing on the cake it was! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

GREAT BLUESY FUN!! I'm smiling from ear to ear!

It's been WAAAAAAAYYYY too long Suz. I love it and that cheeky grin at the end is a killer.

:) :) :)

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey great challenge Stuart... good to see you back Laddie!

Sue, just so cool girl! You are really starting to shine with that there geetar of yours... loved it, too cute for words!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic