Busking Basslines

daryl

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 am

Here's my contribution.

dennisg

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:49 am

Great job on this wonderful Temptations song, Daryl ... and your friend has a terrific voice. Oddly, I was going to upload this same song in a couple of weeks.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:01 am

Love that Hofneresque bass Daryl (or is it the real deal?). Nice job!
Dennis, make sure you go ahead and upload your work... I know you like to do unique songs but don't let this post put you off.

daryl

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 am

dennisg wrote:
Great job on this wonderful Temptations song, Daryl ... and your friend has a terrific voice. Oddly, I was going to upload this same song in a couple of weeks.
I'm not really surprised. We seem to have very similar tastes in music. Like Chris says, post your version. It would be good to see the song played without a bass guitar.....

daryl

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Love that Hofneresque bass Daryl (or is it the real deal?). Nice job!
Dennis, make sure you go ahead and upload your work... I know you like to do unique songs but don't let this post put you off.
I wouldn't/couldn't afford the real deal. :-(
My bass is a really cheap imitation, but it works for me.

michelew

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 am

That's a classic Daryl. Nice choice and very cool and speedie contribution.

michelew

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:45 am

This is The Way I am by Ingrid Michaelson. I really like the simplicity of each of the parts and that they build on each other. There's nothing fancy here.

OK - I started recording a guitar part and vocals together ... and found oops!... that each part wasn't automatic enough to do them together yet, so I recorded them separately. The guitar parts is just barre chords on my classical.I haven't worked out how to add three simultaneous videos with iMovie, so I opted for the vocals. The percussion parts are a backing track.

I don't feel like I have the sound mix right, and that I should have rerecorded the vocals... but... here it is anyway.

I do like playing this song.

daryl

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 am

Nice Michele. Smooth all around. Good job syncing everything. I don't know iMovie at all but I expect that there must be a way to "add new line for additional overlays".

willem

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 am

Shel,,sweaaaaaaaaaaaat,,,and sweat..

Daryl,,,that was to much fun..

edit: I mend SWEET Shel..

dennisg

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

Shel, I loved this! The bass playing was so smooth and casual -- you've definitely got that bass player aloofness thing down perfectly -- and the way you integrated the bongos and the guitar was perfect. The final component, your singing, just kept getting more and more confident as the song went along. You just keep getting better and better, and I really believe that this is one of the best uploads I've seen from you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic