Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:14 am

Daryl,
Nice job on a classic tune

Michelle,
You really have it going on!! Very nicely done

suziko

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:26 am

Daryl,

Great upload!! Truly a classic bass riff and so well played by you (as always). That song will always remind me of my sister, since she chose that song (instead of the traditional "Here Comes the Bride") to walk to the aisle to. Such a sweet song.

Shel,

I, I, I, I...... lo-o-o-ove.... the way you sing this song!!!! And yo-u-u-u are too adorable in it! Really nice job on ALL the parts (not counting the bongos). I'm hugely impressed. You have become so accomplished at SO many things the past few years! I'm so proud of you!! And despite what Willem is suggesting, you look quite calm and dry :laugh:

suziko

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:59 am

Ah Daryl, 'My Girl', such a cute song :) :) , and soooooooo recognizable, should absolutely be in this thread, well done all around! Great singer too!!

suziko

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 am

My oh my, SHEL!!!! That was sooooooo great! :cheer: :cheer: Like Suzi, I just lóve how you sang this, sounds really great, you're getting better and better and more relaxed in each upload! And yep, I'm quite sure you've found your voice, it's wáy higher that you would like it to be, haha! :laugh: :laugh: :P ;) Your bassplaying, you're a natural, I'm serious! AWESOME!! GO SHEL!!! :woohoo:

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:36 am

Pretty damn cool Shel! It all looked and sounded quite effortless... and nicely sung to! That bass guitar sure looks gigantic in your hands... maybe the camera angle. You really seem to be getting grips with vocals, instruments and the technology... good for you!

willem

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:15 pm

suziko wrote:
Daryl,

Great upload!! Truly a classic bass riff and so well played by you (as always). That song will always remind me of my sister, since she chose that song (instead of the traditional "Here Comes the Bride") to walk to the aisle to. Such a sweet song.

Shel,

I, I, I, I...... lo-o-o-ove.... the way you sing this song!!!! And yo-u-u-u are too adorable in it! Really nice job on ALL the parts (not counting the bongos). I'm hugely impressed. You have become so accomplished at SO many things the past few years! I'm so proud of you!! And despite what Willem is suggesting, you look quite calm and dry :laugh:
Well I mend sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeer,,and sweet..

snipe

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:52 pm

chris, excellent Moody blues. just wondering if you have ever worked on ride my see saw?

Daryl, excellent. Vocals were great too!

Michelle, very cool. Really like your Bass

Mike

suziko

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:55 pm

willem wrote:
suziko wrote:
Daryl,

Shel,

Well I mend sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeer,,and sweet..

Oh, I know! Just had to tease :)

tombo1230

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:01 pm

michelew wrote:
This is The Way I am by Ingrid Michaelson. I really like the simplicity of each of the parts and that they build on each other. There's nothing fancy here.

OK - I started recording a guitar part and vocals together ... and found oops!... that each part wasn't automatic enough to do them together yet, so I recorded them separately. The guitar parts is just barre chords on my classical.I haven't worked out how to add three simultaneous videos with iMovie, so I opted for the vocals. The percussion parts are a backing track.

I don't feel like I have the sound mix right, and that I should have rerecorded the vocals... but... here it is anyway.

I do like playing this song.

Shel, if you can't add another track then you could have used this video as a source composite mixdown and then add your new 2nd layer to that, if you get my meaning.

In other words, if you used this final video as a new one track source, you could then add another track of video as a pip.

I don't know imovie but I would guess that one of the menus has an add video track hidden somewhere.

Great job on the video, singing and playing, it sounds pretty good!

Tom N.

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Ok, the uploader is broke, my video ended up somewhere else and the uploader would not let me choose a Band Name.
Ho hum!... here's the link and original post:

Ok, lets get this party started! Michelle posted the invitation to Busk some bassline, here's the kick-off vid: Lovely to See You Again by The Moody Blues. Simple and no frills, one-take bedroom vid.

Chris,

"Lovely to see you again, my friend!!"

Great job on an infectious song I'm not familiar with.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic