Busking Basslines

dekotaj

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 pm

BRAVO!!! Sis

Is there any instrument you don't play??? Great thread!!!

Kev

michelew

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks guys.

Dermot - Thanks :) and yes I love the fat strings on the bass. There's something really cool about them. They feel good too. Give them a go for a while and you'll see what I mean.

Willem - you know it doesn't have to be a fancy bass line. If you like it could just be a song that has a strong and prominent alternate bass picking pattern, as long as the bass notes are ringing out loud and and proud it's cool :)

Pierre - WOW! that sounds like a nice feeling. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks

Tony - It's always nice to hear that the offering was tasty. :)

Kevin - Your bravos always make me smile. I love them. Thank you. And haha! :) there's 'play' and then there's 'hitting the thing and seeing what happens'. :) I hope to REALLY be able to PLAY the great toys in my toy box before I kick it (so to speak). So...Kev...bass lines . Know any? B) B) :) :) As if you don't have a million great songs in your head with great bass lines. Perhaps your mate Jim C has a couple. Want to play?

michelew

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

daryl wrote:
Sorry all. I just had to redo my video of "My Girl". I thought the quick 1st takes just weren't good enough. No need to comment again.....

Nice! Smooth. And the bass came out beautifully too.

I think you might have had a slight syncing issue with your last video. It's so tricky lining up tracks sometimes.

Nice redo.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 am

Shel, I sure hope you don't get sued by the international banks and governments for lowering GDP by animating so many TGers to post here instead of slaving over their hot desks. That would be making vast amounts of dosh disappear... and that's THEIR job!

dekotaj

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Shel, I sure hope you don't get sued by the international banks and governments for lowering GDP by animating so many TGers to post here instead of slaving over their hot desks. That would be making vast amounts of dosh disappear... and that's THEIR job!
I don't know how thing work over there.But here,both party's or try to get there finger in or pockets.I will start losing one day of pay per week starting in April for the rest of the fiscal year.

Kev

P.S. Not trying to start anything here!!

michelew

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Haha! :) Well I think the GDPs are likely to be safe. TGers are multi-taskers after all...well...the women are anyway... B)

but, then again...if you ascribe to Chaos theory.... if a TGer claps their hands in the forest .... and no body's there to hear it .... theeeeennnn... hmmm... maybe I have that wrong... but that's what video is for right? :P :P B)

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:27 am

Too right I ascribe to Chaos Theory Shel, you should see my desk or my practice habits!

What's the sound of one TGer playing? Sadness, if there would be no one there to hear him/her.

Kev, I hear you. Did you see the EU and Banksters trying to fleece Cyprus this week? They tried to force Cyprus to take 10% of everyone's money in any bank account to give to the banks to refinance the supposedly broken economy!!! Made the decision on a Friday night and wanted to enforce it Monday morning so that no one could put their hard saved money into safety. Unbelievable, but that's how in-your-face these criminal governments and banks are now showing their hand. If anyone utters the phrases "one world currency, one world, government, new world order", this is what they mean. As George Carlin said, ..." and now they're coming for your social security!"

Please excuse that little excursion out into the seas of piracy Shel, but we we are olde friends :-).

michelew

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Too right I ascribe to Chaos Theory Shel, you should see my desk or my practice habits!

What's the sound of one TGer playing? Sadness, if there would be no one there to hear him/her.

Kev, I hear you. Did you see the EU and Banksters trying to fleece Cyprus this week? They tried to force Cyprus to take 10% of everyone's money in any bank account to give to the banks to refinance the supposedly broken economy!!! Made the decision on a Friday night and wanted to enforce it Monday morning so that no one could put their hard saved money into safety. Unbelievable, but that's how in-your-face these criminal governments and banks are now showing their hand. If anyone utters the phrases "one world currency, one world, government, new world order", this is what they mean. As George Carlin said, ..." and now they're coming for your social security!"

Please excuse that little excursion out into the seas of piracy Shel, but we we are olde friends :-).
Excursion excused. I never did get to join the pirates. Perhaps I could have been pirate Elmo (there wasn't an Elmo was there?).

Sadness indeed. Good thing there's lots of folks here...if people post videos of course :) :) B)

And geesh! 10% you might have to come and join us in the lucky country Chris. Ale would love it here. Though you'll be spending more than 10% in extra living costs. Ok that idea sucks.

Rambling over. Back to bass lines. Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, boom, boom, boom, boom etc :) :)

dekotaj

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 am

Hey Sis.

I've been trying to think of a song that I play with a good bass line. But,Nothing seems to fit so I thought I would just put up one of the Taylor songs I'm working on. Hope that good enough???

Kev

michelew

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey Kev,

Thanks so much for adding to this thread. Your bass notes were ringing out loud and clear so you qualify as far as I'm concerned. Regardless, I'll use any excuse to hear your beautiful playing.

This is sounding beautiful already. That's for showing us your progress. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished song. Will you be singing it?

I love your work and the way you rise to challenges. :)

Thanks sweet man.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic