Busking Open G Noodle

MarkM

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Well I've been gone so long it looks like the rules may have changed with the busking uploader. Couldn't get it to work. Here is a Youtube link to what I was doing. I had been playing around in Open G tuning for the past few days while learning some Stones songs and came away with this little noodle. Nothing spectacular but it was fun nonetheless. It also gave me a chance to play around with my movie editing tool as I haven't touched it in the last year that I've owned it. I'm trying to find more time to get back here on TG. I've been following Neil's weekly updates but I have no clue as to what is going on the forum. I can't wait to see all the videos I've missed. As for this little thing, well thanks for watching. I'm really starting to love this tuning.

MarkM

MarkM

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Gave up on the busking uploader. This should work now.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 pm

First things first: "YAY Mark !".

Welcome back, man :) Hopefully you will pop up on the forum now and then.

I feel sure there is lots to learn just by watching and understanding what is behind this deceptively simple recording.

I'm also jealous that it's so warm in Georgia, US, that you sit in front of open refrigerators to stay cool
(like, that is an open fridge door behind you ?), while here in Canada we huddle together and shiver in our hovels.

May be a question of IQ. But let's not get into eugenics ...

You have definitely sparked my interest in open G tuning, Mark !

Pierre

auntlynnie

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Lovely! I have been working on Open G, and this was just so nice to listen to.
Great!
Lynn

michelew

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Mark,

That was really pretty and relaxing in a sort of sad way. Nice lunchtime music (which includes noodles :)) It brought to mind scenes going past on a road trip or train trip. If you get some lyrics together it could be the perfect music as a backdrop for Pierre's car challenge.

I've missed hearing your playing. I'm glad you're back.

M.

familyman4

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 am

Gosh, that was really really lovely, pretty and very relaxing......as warm as the sun which is shining on me through the window (it's freaking cold though....grrrrrrr..)

Good to see you back Mark and with some great playing as well! :) :)

Ness

willem

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 am

That sounded great Mark,,hope you can find more time..

Willem

daryl

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 am

Mark,

That was beautiful!

Time to add some more instruments to it, perhaps some melody line(s), a 2nd rhythm guitar, and a bass???? Lovely sound out of your guitar and setup.

Glad you came back! I've missed your uploads....

MarkM

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 am

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Pierre - Thank you!! Warm is a relative term Pierre. It's 34 degrees F out at 9:30 AM EST today. Cold and raw. Its actually snowing a bit just 45 miles north of me. When is the warm weather going to get down here???? I promise there was no refridgerator behind me.....

Lynn- Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Open G is alot of fun.

Michelle - I'm happy you liked it. It's funny what happens when you just play around with the fretboard. It does sound like it needs lyrics huh..... Maybe someday.

Ness - Thank you. I'm freezing along with you today. Just no sun where I'm sitting.

Willem - Thank you very much. Yes I hope to find more time back here as well. It's been awhile.

Daryl - As always, thank you. I'll try and see what I can come up with playing along with this track. I've played it faster and it gives a totally different feel for the song.

MarkM

buddy

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am

Howdy Mark, Really nice noodle you have going here. Soft, warm and rich sound you producing ! Nice to see your face on the boards again.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic