Busking Open G Noodle

dekotaj

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 am

BRAVO!!!Mark

Love the the sound of open G tuning.Nice chord progression.What chords or you using.

Kev

tovo

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Mark great to see you here and I really enjoyed that noodle. I have always liked your style and this one is no exception. Great job mate.

Craig

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Hey Mark! Good to see you again! I would call that much more than a little noodle. Very beautiful. Well done!

Craig

AcousticAl

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:15 pm

I been hyp-mo-tized by your guitar!
Great playing Mark, and good to see an upload from you again.

RicksPick

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Cool you sorted the video
It was worth the wait

RicksPick

BobR

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi Mark,

Very cool and nicely played. Good to see again. Hope you'll be getting some warmer weather.

Bob

MarkM

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Bud - Thanks!! I'm glad you like it.

Kevin - There you go and have to ask a tough question like "what chords are you playing". Geez...... :laugh: Well since it is in open G If you barr the entire chord 1-5 strings (low E is actually tuned down to D but you don't use it often in this tuning. The low G now the 5th string - the low G) then you move up to the different notes on the fretboard. However I don't do this on this song. I let the strings 1 and 2 ring out throughout. Therefore probably only Neil and few smart others can tell what the true name of the chord is. I am using a "version" or versions of G, A, Bm, C, D for the most part in this progression. Sorry to totally confuse you. I'd have to give it some thought when I have a guitar in my hand to figure out the exact chords. Glad you liked it though.

Tony - Thank you. I hope all is well down there!!!

Craig - Thanks. It's pretting interesting when you start to play around with the fretboard. Never know what is going to happen.

Al- I think I got some of your weather today. Freaking snow flurries in Atlanta today. Wow!! Thanks for the kind words!!

Rick- Thanks!! I cheated and just put up my own URL.

Bob- Glad to be seen.... Weather was not what I would call warm down here lately. Glad you liked it. Thank you.

MarkM

tombo1230

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Good job Mark. Glad to see/hear you posting again. Very nice sound from your guitar with the open G tuning.

Tom N.

jayswett

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Wow. That was lovely. Any chance you will find your way back up to New Hampshire any time soon?

lueders

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Mark,

This is one to proud of...without a doubt. Soft and soothing. I really think it is a nice piece!!! It's a peach! (a Georgia Peach) Boom-chick! Whomp whomp whaa!
Excellent Dude!! I hear so many possibities over the top of this. I think that's what a great solid piece often makes you wanna do...there's room to get in there and feel the notes and have I dunno?...your own kind of personal realationship with it...like Daryl did.

And Daryl, while i am on the subject I loved your enhanced version...I haven't had enough time just yet to properly comment in your challenge post but Great job, man!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic