Challenge Number 4 - MarkM's OpenG Noodle

lueders

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 am

Daryl, you might have outdone yourself. That is really sounding like something. It has just enough variety of instrumentation. I love it. I think this one of the coolest things I hàve ever heard on TG.

familyman4

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 am

Gents,
I listened with the headphones on tonight and it was so good!

haoli25

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 am

Just Brilliant guys. Bravo to both of you. :) :) :)

Bill

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Mark:

The noodling was very beautiful, and very smooth. Sometimes the open tunings can just lead to so many ideas. I find myself getting lost in open D as well. I have to admit that I don't possess enough theory to stay focused on progressions and how they work. I know the chords and the scale degrees, but just don't know how to piece them together musically. You have done a fabulous job here.

Daryl:

Once again you have proven to be quite the talent. As I mentioned above, I have a very limited knowledge of progressions and how to use them to create a mood. When it comes to lead playing or soloing, I am at a complete loss. I have spent so much time just getting to a point where I can strum and sing at the same time, that I have let all that fall so far behind. I will get thee someday, but it is a ways off yet. Things like this are so very inspiring though. Your lead and the cello work sound amazing along with Mark's beautiful progression and picking.

Kudos to the both of you, and I really hope others give it a go as well. I am always amazed at the variety of interpretations that these things can lead to.

Jason

michelew

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 am

Daryl,

I do LOVE a challenge, as does Vanessa.

We'll see your challenge and raise you a song. :)

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/149 ... tml#111743

Thanks for the inspiration.

Shel

daryl

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 am

I commented in your busking post. VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE. Amazing! Beautiful! I'm awed. I'm speechless.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic